IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Volvo modules repair and programming
Please use the MVS Amazon link when you buy anything at all! It helps this site. Thanks very much!

Get email notification of topic replies. Log in or register (free). Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

Regarding a/c system I need info on the coil at front of car . on top of coil there is a shroud covers top with a pipe f

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on S40 and V40. In this forum you'll find S40/V40-specific owners asking and answering questions on maintenance, ownership, repairs, tutorials and almost every do-it-yourself thing you can do to save money owning these Volvos.

1996 - 2004 S40
1996 - 2004 V40

Steve777
Year and Model: 2000 s40

Regarding a/c system I need info on the coil at front of car . on top of coil there is a shroud covers top with a pipe f

Post by Steve777 »

Hello I just bought this 2000 s40 and the coil in front of car needs replacing I have aight cool that doesn't have the cap on top for the duck to run to the intake can I install a coil that have that doesn't have that shroud on it and just run a fresh air filter to the intakewill it hurt anything it's been disconnected from the electrical part of it so it's not connected and I got it is coil I just wondering what this heard anything or would continue to to work this way as it is now the coil does not hold a charge got a hole in it so where am I at thank you and have a great day
abscate
MVS Moderator
Year and Model: 99T5 ,99S70,2005V70

Re: Regarding a/c system I need info on the coil at front of car . on top of coil there is a shroud covers top with a pi

Post by abscate »

Welcome Steve

Can you please break up your post into sentences so we know what you are after? We are a bit more formal here on MVS than many other Fora
Empty Nester
A Captain in a Sea of Estrogen
1999-V70-T5M56 2005-V70-M56 1999-S70 VW T4 BMW
Link to Maintenance record thread
Link To Volvo Glossary