IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

Stereo system not working- wiring diagrams?

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on S40 and V40. In this forum you'll find S40/V40-specific owners asking and answering questions on maintenance, ownership, repairs, tutorials and almost every do-it-yourself thing you can do to save money owning these Volvos.

1996 - 2004 S40
1996 - 2004 V40

Philgault
Year and Model: S40 2004 (early)
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Great Britain
Philgault

Stereo system not working- wiring diagrams?

Post by Philgault » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:44 pm

Hi folks,
A problem of two halves, this one:
My stereo stopped working, shortly after a battery fault. Garage said it needed a new HU, so I bought one (not Vovlo specific - a Sony model with BT etc). This doesn’t work either. Have also tried replacing the amplifier in the boot, but still no joy.
When I turn it on, I get sound only from the front dash tweeters - nothing else will play.
I have power to both units (red cables), and the switching cable (brown/white) has continuity as well.
The DIN which connects to the amp has continuity on all pins.
The wire on the big green (OEM?) plug from the amp connects to the rear parcel shelf speakers ok. Does anyone have a wiring diagram, or any further ideas?
Thanks in advance!

Philgault
Year and Model: S40 2004 (early)
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Great Britain
Philgault

Re: Stereo system not working- wiring diagrams?

Post by Philgault » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:13 am

Further information: I think I may have found the issue - the red permanent power to the amp (via the antenna?) is only giving me 2V...