I'd never used a windshield sun shade before -- the cheap ones I'd seen looked tacky and ineffective -- but the 2008 S60 2.5T that I purchased used came with one from the prior owner, so I decided to give it a try. Even though the sun shade was generic and too short for the S60, I was surprised by how effective it was, so I set about seeing what better options might be available, and decided I wanted:
- Custom fit to my S60, rather than "universal" fit.
- Folding rather than rolling, for stiffness when installed, and for ease of installation, removal and storage.
- Storage bag to protect it when not in use.
I narrowed my choices to two top brands:
After careful evaluation I decided to go with Intro-Tech
for the following reasons:
- Storage bag included (extra cost option with Covercraft)
- Less expensive (even as compared to Covercraft without storage bag)
- Comparable quality
- Fast shipment and delivery
The best price for Intro-Tech I found was on eBay for the Custom Premium
model (almost as good), and the seller would upgrade orders to Ultimate Reflector for an additional charge if asked. (The primary advantage of the Ultimate Reflector to me is reversibility to a carbon color for winter use.) My order shipped promptly, and I'm delighted with the product:
- Quality and fit are very good
- Installation and removal are very easy
- Storage bag is high quality
Bottom line: Highly recommended.
Stock photo of reflective side for summer
Stock photo of carbon side for winter
Folded in storage bag