IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Free shipping all USA - Experts in Brakes
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

01 S60 Swap out which modules

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo's stylish, distinctive "P2" platform cars.

2001 - 2007 V70
2004 - 2007 V70 R
2001 - 2007 XC-70
2001 - 2009 S60
2003 - 2007 S60 R

doscascos
Year and Model: 96 850
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Mexico
doscascos

01 S60 Swap out which modules

Post by doscascos » Wed May 11, 2016 8:18 pm

So, Firstly, I want to thank this site; After much reading I took the plunge and bought a hopefully only moderately abused S60 2.4T, my first Volvo. Not my first overly complex vehicle (Audis, Starions for those who remember them). I have already come to rely upon the experience of those on here. So, one of my many questions, which modules can just be swapped out (following proper power procedures clearly) without having to visit my local stealership? CEM? Likely not but ECM? TCM? BCM? Alarm control Module? This is of definite import as I have the security system needs service and would be good to know before I go yanking bumpers off in the junkyard, and chasing down my other gremlins. She runs and drives pretty well, pcv system is currently working, tho it's on "The List". Some occasional idle issues so a careful ETC cleaning will likely be the same fun filled day. A transmission fluid purge is in process. Gone through 6 quarts, so more to go until I'm happy with it. I have CEL for code P0030 which shows up second start after a battery rest then apparently goes away (not the CEL sadly). Awaiting the arrival of many parts, especially my turbo drain pipe gasket and seal. Pointers are always welcome.

nsjames
Year and Model: 04 XC70
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
nsjames

Re: 01 S60 Swap out which modules

Post by nsjames » Thu May 12, 2016 3:26 pm

sadly not many.
the siren module is one of the few.
If it talks to the ECM or CEM via canbus, it probably needs firmware.