IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

Injectors

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo's stylish, distinctive "P2" platform cars.

2001 - 2007 V70
2004 - 2007 V70 R
2001 - 2007 XC-70
2001 - 2009 S60
2003 - 2007 S60 R

drjurman
Year and Model: V70 AWD 1998
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
drjurman

Injectors

Post by drjurman » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:54 pm

Greetings all. My 02 S60 which has been giving me nightmares finally went to the dealer to be diagnosed. I was under the impression that the dealer had better tools for diagnosis than just my Actron code Scanner. Apparently not. They came up with a bad #2 coil pak, and a bad #5 injector.
Only problem is they claim injectors are sold as kits. I am not paying $1300 for new injectors. That still wont guaranty that the car will be fixed. If its not the injectors the next step according to them is the ECM. At $1885.00 there is no way that's going to happen. I cant justify $3200 bucks to fix this "Maybe". I've gone through Amazon and EBay looking for injectors, but there are so many available. The car is an 02 S60 Non Turbo. The injectors are Densos, Coil Paks Bosch. The injectors are 2wire. is there a difference if I go to Bosch? The injectors are Green with a yellow plastic band. the connection is the rounded corner style not the square sharp cornered. Is there a difference between colors, manufacturers? he car is immaculate, well taken care of, and comfortable. I just did $1100 front end work and $1400 service for this issue in March.
Any help will be welcome. At $45000 I cant afford another volvo, and I love the ones I have.
Thanks
David
[email protected]

oragex
Year and Model: S60 2003
Canada
oragex

Re: Injectors

Post by oragex » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:59 am

What was the initial issue? It is rare to hear about a broken injector, to start with. The main thing to realize is that going with a 10-15y old Volvo at the main dealer can turn into the worst possible choice. Some of them are merciless, when it's simply not dishonest.

The only moment I would see a main dealer is to have the car diagnosed and then again, I have read so many stories about misdiagnosis at a cost of thousands of dollars for the customer.

That said, if an injector is in cause, a used and perfectly working one costs $25 off Ebay or scrap yards, and it's relatively easy to replace.

drjurman
Year and Model: V70 AWD 1998
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
drjurman

Re: Injectors

Post by drjurman » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:43 am

I listed this in an earlier post/ thread P0300, 0446, 0201-0205.I went thru everything with the codes I pulled. I figured the dealer was the last best choice. They basically get the same things. A bad #2 coil pak and a bad #5 injector. The car runs like crap, stuttering, misfiring, tranny is freaking out, message display is gibberish. Messages fron "Try upshift or downshift" service needed. Check engine light is on, off, flashing. None of this is making sense to me, and I've fixed my share of Volvos with a voltmeter and test probe. My diagnostic skills are fairly good, but this is killing me.
ETM failed in march and was replaced, car had to be towed from my garage to the dealer for reflashing. All this stuff started with a failed alternator which was easy to diagnose and replace. Could the ECM be fried? or some other unknown issue be the problem? Will bosch injectors work in a system that originally had Densos? Does anyone know the CCs of the injectors. The injectors go f4rom $185 to $45 on Amazon, and Ebay all stated will fit 02 S60. Some say turbo some say Normally aspirated. They come in a variety of colors. I'd rather go this route than send $1300. for an injector kit from the dealer, and still not know if its something else. Are ECMs interchangable is the numbers match. Is the car ready to be put out to pasture. this is frustrating the hell out of me. Ant help, spark, suggestion, glimmerof light would be appreciated Thanks
David
[email protected]