IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Volvo modules repair and programming
Please use the MVS Amazon link when you buy anything at all! It helps this site. Thanks very much!

Get email notification of topic replies. Log in or register (free). Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

O-ring for oil cooler pipe in oil pan

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo's stylish, distinctive "P2" platform cars.

2001 - 2007 V70
2004 - 2007 V70 R
2001 - 2007 XC-70
2001 - 2009 S60
2003 - 2007 S60 R

volvodork
Year and Model: 2001 X/C 70

O-ring for oil cooler pipe in oil pan

Post by volvodork »

OK...so I'm replacing all of the O-rings in the oil pan on my XC70 and got the Victor-Reinz kit to do it. Great write-up on how to do it on this site BTW. BUT... I haven't got a definitive answer on all of the searching I've done but it seems that the o-ring that goes on the tube where the bolt is to hold it down in the pan is NOT in the kit?? all the other O-rings in the kit seem to either be just a little small or too big. I don't want to "guess" and have it not seal properly once this pan is all back on.
Anyone have any tips on which o-ring to use here or do I have to go the dealer route???
JD