IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

There should be a bolt there, right?

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo's stylish, distinctive "P2" platform cars.

2001 - 2007 V70
2004 - 2007 V70 R
2001 - 2007 XC-70
2001 - 2009 S60
2003 - 2007 S60 R

Jeney
Year and Model: 2005 S60
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
Jeney

There should be a bolt there, right?

Post by Jeney » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:17 pm

I'm trying to take off my front bumper (2005 S60) and the step after removing the trim pieces is always to remove a 10mm bolt. But I don't see a bolt. Right? It should be right there? Same on both sides.

Thought maybe it was (somehow for some reason) behind the plastic piece next to it, but nope.

Just want to ask the pros if I'm missing something (painfully, embarrassingly) obvious, or if I've been driving around with my bumper taped on.

Oh and also. The little plastic pieces under the hood that pop out to remove bumper ... do they break easily? Should I buy replacements before removing my bumper, just in case? I have a bone tool and am not a savage.
Attachments
IMG_5815.JPG

Volvo S80
Year and Model: 1999
Volvo S80

Re: There should be a bolt there, right?

Post by Volvo S80 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:27 pm

Hi Janey,

I did remove my bumper on my S80 as there was creating some moisture inside my headlights and I took them out open them cleaned them and sealed.

I guess it should be the same on S60 too.

1.Open the hood and remove the plastic clips in front off the grille take a small torx ass it is flat and put some masking tape on it and don`t push too hard on them,then pull them straight out (P.S you should be just fine if you don`t rush),
2.Take the radiator under cover out it has two screws, one in each side just behind the fog lights and two clips that go on bumper, you should push them a bit with a flat screwdriver and pull it away.
3.Remove headlight wipers (8mm) bolt if you have and tubes for headlight washers and side marker light.
4.Remove bumper trim (P.S you could use small shoe spoon so you won`t damage the trim finish) starting from the upper parts near grille just under headlight.
5.Remove four 10 mm screws two near side blinkers and two in front near grille( P.s yes you should have another bolt as you supposed).
6. Remove two plastic trim under the licence plate in the sides of lower grille and under them another two 10 mm screws.
7.If you have fog lights disconnect them and then if you want remove them( three phillips screws on each one) so you don`t brake them if accidentally the bumper fall while you take it off.
8.Take out the pop rivets (could be screws) in the wheel arch plastic just them that are in the bumper height.
9.Put the side mark connectors and cables inside the fender so you don`t snap them while you take the bumper off.
10.If you have fog lights than you should disconnect a connector on driver side for fog lights for a cable that goes through bumper you can see it through side marker hole.
11.Put some masking tape in your fenders in the location where the bumper meats the fenders so you don`t scratch your paint.
12.Put your hand under bumper in sides of it pull it a little bit up and pull straight than repeat it in other side too than pull it straight out.

I hope I could help, and sorry if there are any grammar mistakes.
Attachments
3.JPG
Everything back in place
2.jpg
Front without bumper and other parts
1.JPG
Bumper out

Jeney
Year and Model: 2005 S60
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
Jeney

Re: There should be a bolt there, right?

Post by Jeney » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:47 pm

Thank you! I am going to tackle it today. I suppose I better get some of those bolts, too. Seems like they might be important!