IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

Removing headliner?

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo's stylish, distinctive "P2" platform cars.

2001 - 2007 V70
2004 - 2007 V70 R
2001 - 2007 XC-70
2001 - 2009 S60
2003 - 2007 S60 R

AlanS
Year and Model:
Been thanked: 0
AlanS

Removing headliner?

Post by AlanS » Wed May 03, 2017 11:08 am

The sunshade on my 06 is rattling. Dealer says that the headliner needs to be removed to repair. I tried from overhead, but concur that the headliner must be taken down. Anyone try this? Any instructions out there? I did it in my 850 and the headliner kinda fell apart in the process (albeit that they appear to be different material core). I never use the sunshade in the closed position, so removing it altogether is also an option

Botbasher
Year and Model: 98 "R" & 03 T5 V70
Has thanked: 0
United States of America
Botbasher

Re: Removing headliner?

Post by Botbasher » Wed May 03, 2017 2:45 pm

In for info on this one since mine rattles horribly and pops and snaps if you move it and I so do not want to dig into the headliner, but will if that's what it takes.

I've tentatively looked at the sunroof glass and wondered if those 4 Torx bolts are all that is holding the glass in and if that is the case, can you remove it, work on the shade in the closed position and then reinstall the glass?

Inquiring minds want to know!

K "National Enquirer" S
Never become a pessimist. A pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events.-Heinlein

We have met the enemy and he is us.-Pogo

If speed kills, do brakes give life??

zjevik
Year and Model: S60 2006
United States of America
zjevik

Post by zjevik » Thu May 04, 2017 2:35 pm

Botbasher,

I'm not sure about the headliner but I can help with the sunroof. The glass is held only by those four screws and you do get access the sunshade if you remove it.

I uploaded a few pictures that might help in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=49994&p=414872#p414872

Botbasher
Year and Model: 98 "R" & 03 T5 V70
Has thanked: 0
United States of America
Botbasher

Post by Botbasher » Thu May 04, 2017 2:45 pm

Oh zjevik... You are my hero!!!! Awesome detailed pics!!

Thanks!

K "shady" S
Never become a pessimist. A pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events.-Heinlein

We have met the enemy and he is us.-Pogo

If speed kills, do brakes give life??