IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Volvo modules repair and programming
Please use the MVS Amazon link when you buy anything at all! It helps this site. Thanks very much!

Get email notification of topic replies. Log in or register (free). Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

drivers side window doesn't work

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo's stylish, distinctive "P2" platform cars.

2001 - 2007 V70
2004 - 2007 V70 R
2001 - 2007 XC-70
2001 - 2009 S60
2003 - 2007 S60 R

pemaquidale
Year and Model: 2002 v70xc

drivers side window doesn't work

Post by pemaquidale »

My daughters 2002 v70xc drivers window was working intermittently, but now it's not working at all. The master switch has a circuit board in it, not contacts. What do I do?

Thanks
Steve Gorrill
yagger
Year and Model: S60 2005 2,5T

Re: drivers side window doesn't work

Post by yagger »

Best way to replace DDM module from the same MY car.
Fataqui
Year and Model: 2007, xc70

Post by Fataqui »

I would first pull the door panel and simply check that no pins on the DDM connector have come loose, they have a single locking point so sometimes a connector pin on the connector side can come loose. I have seen that happen more than any DDM going bad. Also clean all the pins and connectors on both sides of the DDM. That's the first thing that Vida recommends doing.
1. Always check that the control module and control module box connectors do
not have bent or damaged terminals or socket / sleeves.
If it is the DDM you can buy a used one that has the same product id as yours that way you won't have to have it reinitialized by a dealer once you replace your bad DDM with a good used one. As a side note I have had good luck just swamping a bad DDM with a good used DDM on both 2001 and 2002, but on 2003 and onward, I have had to reinitialize any DDM that a customer has bought at a pick n' pull / junk yard, to use as their replacement.
chrism
Year and Model: S80 / 2005

Post by chrism »

If your 02 is like our 03 and 05 there ARE contacts under each button that can be cleaned. You have to do minor surgery to get to them but not too big a deal - You have to pry the plastic catches apart, disconnect the ribbon cable, and unscrew the circuit board. You'll find those little rubbery contacts like inside of a TV remote control.