IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics

Get email notification of topic replies. Log in or register (free). Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

TPMS on pre-TPMS Nebula wheel?

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo's stylish, distinctive "P2" platform cars.

2001 - 2007 V70
2004 - 2007 V70 R
2001 - 2007 XC-70
2001 - 2009 S60
2003 - 2007 S60 R

Denton
Year and Model: 1996 854R

TPMS on pre-TPMS Nebula wheel?

Post by Denton »

My 2009 S60 has TPMS. So I want to put 18" Nebula wheels from Volvo (made by BBS) but on these cars TPMS came about midway through the model cycle and it seems these wheels are pre-TPMS.

The literature from Volvo says nothng about TPMS on the Nebula, while on a later wheel like the Eudora it says prepared for TPMS.

Can you fit this factory sensor on a wheel not designed for it? Image

I can't defeat TPMS. :mad:
Georgeandkira
Year and Model: 2007 V70 base

Re: TPMS on pre-TPMS Nebula wheel?

Post by Georgeandkira »

In TPMS wheels I've seen a recess in the inside of the rim where the stem goes through. I don't know if they're all like that.

Are the Volvo TPMS transmitters shaped to go into such recesses?

I read somewhere that TPMS systems use only 2 frequencies. So, after examining your new wheels, it appears you have only to match the recess requirement with the correct frequency.

If the configuration of your wheels' stem holes doesn't match the senders' stems maybe you could use silicone rubber to set them into place vibration and leak free? Of course the body of the sender is plastic and the silicone may or may not adhere.