IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

Cruise control button sometimes doesn't work

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo's stylish, distinctive "P2" platform cars.

2001 - 2007 V70
2004 - 2007 V70 R
2001 - 2007 XC-70
2001 - 2009 S60
2003 - 2007 S60 R

iamhives
Year and Model: 2006 V70 2.4 NA
Has thanked: 0
United States of America
iamhives

Cruise control button sometimes doesn't work

Post by iamhives » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:42 pm

So I was out giving my teenage son a driving lesson in the 2006 V70 NA (slowest car I could find for him!) and we're on an interstate (at 65 mph) for the first time. Since we has doing well I thought I'd show him the cruise control. He pressed the Cruise Control button and nothing - cruise control didn't activate. The steering wheel radio buttons worked fine. About 15 minutes later when we were on a smaller road we tried again, this time the cruise control light came on in the cluster and the cc and all buttons worked fine. So it really only happened a couple of times.

I don't think the cruise control button has been pressed for at least a year (nobody in our family uses cc) so maybe that contributed? I'm fairly new to V70's (yesterday sold by 240!) so haven't yet had reason to open up the steering wheel yet. I scanned with Vida a couple of weeks ago and had no codes. Haven't scanned yet after this incident.

So what could be going on? Is it the switch, the clockspring, a bad connection somewhere, something else (brake switch)?.