IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

2005 V70 LIN-bus 1 signal too hight/signal too low... Topic is solved

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo's stylish, distinctive "P2" platform cars.

2001 - 2007 V70
2004 - 2007 V70 R
2001 - 2007 XC-70
2001 - 2009 S60
2003 - 2007 S60 R

rhubarb
Year and Model: 2005 V70
Has thanked: 0
Lithuania
rhubarb

2005 V70 LIN-bus 1 signal too hight/signal too low...

Post by rhubarb » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:54 am

Hi, VIDA shows CCM-DD01 LIN-bus 1 signal too hight/signal too low fault. As an effect, most damper motors dont work and the fan knob does not always regulate fan speed. I've read "every internet" on this fault, but had no luck in figuring it out.

Previously I had a recircluation damper fault, changed it, no fault about it now, but CCM-DD01 persists. Disconnecting left temperature damper changes nothing. VIDA doesn't even give me a fault about it. Bought a new damper - same. So either i bought a non-working one, or the problem is somewhere else. Disconnecting every other damper gives a proper fault in VIDA.

I also swapped the heater fan just in case. Didn't change a thing.

I have visually checked every visible wire (took out radio, climate control and compartment box). My car does not have heated seats, so the problem is not in the SHM (most threads in forums point to a faulty seat heating module).

So the short version is: most dampers don't work all the time, but the fan knob sometimes starts to work - have no idea why.

What else could I check? Any ideas? Plase help, i'm almost out of hope. Sorry if I am not clear enough, english is not my native language - please ask, I'll clarify any detail you need.

rhubarb
Lithuania
rhubarb

Re: 2005 V70 LIN-bus 1 signal too hight/signal too low...

Post by rhubarb » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:38 am

A little update, i have checked the thermistor that is behind the little grill in the ccm. It seems to give good readings, but with it's one wire disconnected i connected the CCM to the car and to my surprise, one of the dampers that was not moving at all started moving according to the left temperature knob which did nothing in the past. But it all ended after about 40 seconds. I'm starting to think that it is the CCM itself...
These users thanked the author rhubarb for the post:
jsn9839

rhubarb
Lithuania
rhubarb

Re: 2005 V70 LIN-bus 1 signal too hight/signal too low...  Topic is solved

Post by rhubarb » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:34 pm

I managed to solve it. Changed one thing I did not change before - the CCM. 30€ for a used one and the CCM-DD01 fault is gone, the identification of components passes and calibration starts as it should. Case solved I guess. I hope this thread will be useful to someone in the future. One thing you should mind if you decide to swap the CCM is the serial number. Buttons doesn't matter.