IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Free shipping all USA - Experts in Brakes
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

SK Says: Here's Why Old Volvos Last Forever

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo's stylish, distinctive "P2" platform cars.

2001 - 2007 V70
2004 - 2007 V70 R
2001 - 2007 XC-70
2001 - 2009 S60
2003 - 2007 S60 R

BobbyS1
Year and Model: 2000 V70 Estate
Been thanked: 0
Great Britain
BobbyS1

Re: SK Says: Here's Why Old Volvos Last Forever

Post by BobbyS1 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:09 am

To Rattenalle,
You must feel let down that your fantastic Volvo company is now owned by the Chinese!
Where once you stood for quality safety,safety, innovation,reliability,longevity!
I can vouch for this with honesty. I have an older brother who was a party animal born in early 50's in N.J. USA He bought a new Volvo 1973 year they changed body 4 speed gearbox 144 fuel injection no A.C. no P.S. what a car it survived a head on collision saved his life it withstood a severe passenger door crash with which probably saved my life! It still lives on with some expert body work from some drinking buddies this was 70's in a nutshell it would never happen today!
Walking in U.C. N.J. one day 15 years later I seen a car same model colour registration different so I looked at passenger door and low and behold it was my Brothers car it had a different door external handle instead of original internal handle! Keep posting!
Ta
BobbyS1
A Yank in England

Rattnalle
Year and Model: 2004 V70 2.5T
Sweden
Rattnalle

Re: SK Says: Here's Why Old Volvos Last Forever

Post by Rattnalle » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:13 am

BobbyS1 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:09 am
To Rattenalle,
You must feel let down that your fantastic Volvo company is now owned by the Chinese!
Where once you stood for quality safety,safety, innovation,reliability,longevity!
I can vouch for this with honesty. I have an older brother who was a party animal born in early 50's in N.J. USA He bought a new Volvo 1973 year they changed body 4 speed gearbox 144 fuel injection no A.C. no P.S. what a car it survived a head on collision saved his life it withstood a severe passenger door crash with which probably saved my life! It still lives on with some expert body work from some drinking buddies this was 70's in a nutshell it would never happen today!
Walking in U.C. N.J. one day 15 years later I seen a car same model colour registration different so I looked at passenger door and low and behold it was my Brothers car it had a different door external handle instead of original internal handle! Keep posting!
Ta
BobbyS1
A Yank in England
Well, not really. Ford did their best to do a Saab to the company but since the chinese bought Volvo Cars there's never been more investment in the company as a whole or locally here in Gothenburg. Time will tell where it ends up but so far it's definitely not been a had thing.

That I personally don't really fancy the newer cars they make is for different reasons. It seems for now that only Mercedes and BMW still make proper wagons that actually fit a decent load. VW do too but their cars all feel terribly cheap.