IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Free shipping all USA - Experts in Brakes
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

evap purge valve removed

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo's stylish, distinctive "P2" platform cars.

2001 - 2007 V70
2004 - 2007 V70 R
2001 - 2007 XC-70
2001 - 2009 S60
2003 - 2007 S60 R

SuperHerman
Year and Model: 2004 & 2016 XC90
Has thanked: 0
United States of America
SuperHerman

Re: evap purge valve removed

Post by SuperHerman » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:40 am

A picture would really help. I think we may be talking about the Leak Detection Pump valve - part number 31392490. If you search the part number you can confirm, but based on what you are describing this part is what I figure you are describing. Three lines should be involved and one harness connector. There should be a check valve that may not be functioning per my recollection and the parts diagram. They usually don't go bad, but it should be checked.

I am thinking the car had an issue and repairs were made which didn't resolve the issue - the car was then sold. That said oragex has good suggestions. From what I am following from the postings, I would check all the hose routing, check valve and the breather tube by the fuel door. On my old XC70 I had spider webs there which caused issues. I have sent external power to the actual valve, after cleaning and letting it fully dry, to confirm operation.

My thought process is repairs were done and never resolved the problems - so either the repairs were done incorrectly or the check valve and breather tube were missed.