IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

I'd like some bass installation advice for my 2006 S40 2.4i

How to integrate your phone into your Volvo's audio. Which speakers to buy to replace old ones. Recommended head unit brands and models... This is where we talk watts, ohms, GPS, iPod integration, component installation, tips, tricks and advice for making your Volvo's audio, video, ticket avoiding and mapping gadgets work better than ever... iPod, XM, GPS, DVD, Speakers, Amps, Radar Detectors
mjbaker23
Year and Model: S40 2.4i 2006
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
mjbaker23

I'd like some bass installation advice for my 2006 S40 2.4i

Post by mjbaker23 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:35 pm

I recently bought a 2006 Volvo S40 2.4i and I want to improve the sound system a little. I'm usually pretty good at ICE installs, but I've had less-sophisticated cars and I would like some advice on what improvements I could make to the Volvo without messing it up! I used to have an active VIBE 12" sub with a 6 farad Bass Face capacitor. I've sold the VIBE sub and after seeing some good reviews, I want to get two Pioneer TS-W3003D4 12" subs and design and make a box to the correct spec and use the capacitor aswell. I'll check which amp I need and may just get one sub to keep costs down. I thought about getting a new head unit, but other functions like the heating are viewed on the current head unit so I hope the improvements can be made without replacing the factory head unit. I usually replace the door speakers but I think I'll leave the ones on the Volvo as they sound pretty good.

I'd like to know if I can easily change the existing amplifier in the boot to a more powerful one, how much power the door speakers can handle if I can upgrade the current amp and also if I can supply the other amp powering the subs with RCA and remote leads from the existing amp. If I could do that, hopefully the only leads I'll need to install are the power cable and ground cable for the subs amp. I haven't looked at the amp yet so I'm not sure how it's wired. Thanks :D

romchik007
Year and Model: S40 2008
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Russia
romchik007

Re: I'd like some bass installation advice for my 2006 S40 2.4i

Post by romchik007 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:31 pm

Тоже интересует этот вопрос, как Вы решили эту проблему? Извините, что на русском, т.к. сам из России