IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

leaking windshield washer fluid reservoir

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on the third generation Volvo V70 wagon and XC70 crossover, and second generation S80. Are you an owner? Prospective owner? Get in here and join us! Start a new topic or comment on an existing thread.

2008-2016 V70
2008-2016 XC70
2007-2016 S80

eyerollXC70
Year and Model: 2008 XC70
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Sweden
eyerollXC70

leaking windshield washer fluid reservoir

Post by eyerollXC70 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:09 am

The windshield washer fluid reservoir on my 2008 XC70 is leaking. Can anyone recommend the best way to get at the reservoir and diagnose where the leak is originating? Must you take off the front bumper or is there a less intrusive means of access, such as through the wheel well liner? This may or may not be related, but about four months ago, I started to get a "low fluid level" warning even if the reservoir was full.

Thank you!
Attachments
IMG_8597.jpg
IMG_8597.jpg (91.47 KiB) Viewed 2773 times

jadnhm
Year and Model: 2008 XC70
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Canada
jadnhm

Re: leaking windshield washer fluid reservoir

Post by jadnhm » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:24 pm

I actually pulled this apart on my car about 6 months ago.

The wheel well is fastened to the front clip and lower shield (?) and if you start removing fasteners there in the corner you will eventually get enough of it apart to look at the reservoir and the little lines attached to it.

In my case one of the lines for the headlamp washers had split and all the fluid would leak out past the pump and out the hole in the line. I fashioned a patch for the line and sealed it all up with JB Weld.