IPD sale Volvo Parts
XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics My Swedish Parts ad - genuine Volvo parts
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

New forum theme is active now

Come on in, introduce yourself and say hi! List Volvo events here. Have a hot Volvo? Show it off here.
User avatar
Rattnalle
Posts: 1460
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:10 am
Year and Model: 2004 V70 2.5T
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 103 times
Sweden
Rattnalle

Re: New forum theme is active now

Post by Rattnalle » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:28 pm

June wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:24 pm
matthew1 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:27 pm
That's a really great solution, June. I'd make a night theme, but I don't want to troubleshoot/support two (or 3 etc) themes. One's hard enough.
Really all the colors in the text on the black background looks better. I wish I had discovered night mode long ago. You don't have to do a thing, just the users of Android who want to try it just need to turn it on and the phone does everything! I definitely am not modern computer literate. My note 8 Samsung does all I need in my case. Though for the record I do still have my IBM Totable 386 with its Windows 3 and orange screen down in a closet. So I technically do own a computer. Haven't turned it on in years :lol: June
I'm pretty sure it's a Samsung feature. Care to show the setting page where it's found?



User avatar
June
Posts: 1401
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 11:18 am
Year and Model: 2004 S80 T6
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Has thanked: 208 times
Been thanked: 108 times
United States of America
June

Re: New forum theme is active now

Post by June » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:42 pm

Rattnalle wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:28 pm
June wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:24 pm
matthew1 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:27 pm
That's a really great solution, June. I'd make a night theme, but I don't want to troubleshoot/support two (or 3 etc) themes. One's hard enough.
Really all the colors in the text on the black background looks better. I wish I had discovered night mode long ago. You don't have to do a thing, just the users of Android who want to try it just need to turn it on and the phone does everything! I definitely am not modern computer literate. My note 8 Samsung does all I need in my case. Though for the record I do still have my IBM Totable 386 with its Windows 3 and orange screen down in a closet. So I technically do own a computer. Haven't turned it on in years :lol: June
I'm pretty sure it's a Samsung feature. Care to show the setting page where it's found?
Here is how on my Note 8. June
Attachments
20190416_153749.jpg
20190416_153853.jpg
20190416_153950.jpg


My Volvo cars owned
1989 740 GLT ordered
1994 850 4door standard shift ordered
1996 960 ordered
1998 S90 ordered totalled after 3 weeks
1998 V70 GT dealer stock car
2002 S80 T6 ordered totalled
2004 S80 T6 dealer stock car and current car owned

User avatar
alschnertz
Posts: 570
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:25 am
Year and Model: 1995 854T
Location: Connecticut
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 7 times
United States of America
alschnertz

Re: New forum theme is active now

Post by alschnertz » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:21 pm

Went into the S40 forum and noticed that the threads in "Topics" do not list the author, but instead show the last poster.
Yes you can see the author if you open up the thread.

Does that make sense?


'60 PV544, '68 220, '70 145S, '86 745T, '95 854T, '01 S40
'84 Prelude
'06 MPV
'13 Ford Focus SE

User avatar
mrbrian200
Posts: 1513
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:47 am
Year and Model: 2006 S60 2.5T FWD
Location: Northern Indiana/Chicago
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 75 times
United States of America
mrbrian200

Re: New forum theme is active now

Post by mrbrian200 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:37 pm

I tend to find light text over a dark background easier to read too. But that look isn't the norm. At one point many years ago a lot of websites used a light text/dark background scheme. Site designers have near universally followed the general scheme of retail sites with white/off white backgrounds. Which I think has to do with a desire for product photos shot against a white backdrop to cleanly blend into the page without a visible frame.



User avatar
matthew1
Site Admin
Posts: 9846
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2002 11:03 am
Year and Model: 850 T5, 1997
Location: Denver, Colorado, US
Has thanked: 374 times
Been thanked: 140 times
United States of America
matthew1

Re: New forum theme is active now

Post by matthew1 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:46 pm

alschnertz wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:21 pm
Went into the S40 forum and noticed that the threads in "Topics" do not list the author, but instead show the last poster.
Yes you can see the author if you open up the thread.

Does that make sense?
Yep. Thanks for this report. Fixed.


Help keep MVS on the web -> click sponsors' links here on MVS when you buy from them.
Also -> Amazon link
. Click that when you go to buy something on Amazon and MVS gets a kickback.

1997 850 T5, MSD ignition coil, Hallman manual boost controller, injectors, R bumper, OMP strut brace [gone]
2004 V70 R [gone]

User avatar
matthew1
Site Admin
Posts: 9846
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2002 11:03 am
Year and Model: 850 T5, 1997
Location: Denver, Colorado, US
Has thanked: 374 times
Been thanked: 140 times
United States of America
matthew1

Re: New forum theme is active now

Post by matthew1 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:49 pm

RickHaleParker wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:15 pm
Page formatting of Signature Editor page is whacked.
Separator between post and signature is barely visible.
Still trying to get to this.


Help keep MVS on the web -> click sponsors' links here on MVS when you buy from them.
Also -> Amazon link
. Click that when you go to buy something on Amazon and MVS gets a kickback.

1997 850 T5, MSD ignition coil, Hallman manual boost controller, injectors, R bumper, OMP strut brace [gone]
2004 V70 R [gone]

User avatar
alschnertz
Posts: 570
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:25 am
Year and Model: 1995 854T
Location: Connecticut
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 7 times
United States of America
alschnertz

Re: New forum theme is active now

Post by alschnertz » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:29 pm

matthew1 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:46 pm
alschnertz wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:21 pm
Went into the S40 forum and noticed that the threads in "Topics" do not list the author, but instead show the last poster.
Yes you can see the author if you open up the thread.

Does that make sense?
Yep. Thanks for this report. Fixed.
Matt;
Nothing appears to have changed on my end.

Saw you recommend a "hard refresh" to another user. What is that?
I "logged off" of the site, closed my browser (firefox) and re-logged in.

Still, the last poster shows up as the thread author on the front page of the (S40) forum.


'60 PV544, '68 220, '70 145S, '86 745T, '95 854T, '01 S40
'84 Prelude
'06 MPV
'13 Ford Focus SE

User avatar
matthew1
Site Admin
Posts: 9846
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2002 11:03 am
Year and Model: 850 T5, 1997
Location: Denver, Colorado, US
Has thanked: 374 times
Been thanked: 140 times
United States of America
matthew1

Re: New forum theme is active now

Post by matthew1 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:36 pm

Follow these steps to do a hard refresh in Firefox: https://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/firefox-20/


Help keep MVS on the web -> click sponsors' links here on MVS when you buy from them.
Also -> Amazon link
. Click that when you go to buy something on Amazon and MVS gets a kickback.

1997 850 T5, MSD ignition coil, Hallman manual boost controller, injectors, R bumper, OMP strut brace [gone]
2004 V70 R [gone]

User avatar
matthew1
Site Admin
Posts: 9846
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2002 11:03 am
Year and Model: 850 T5, 1997
Location: Denver, Colorado, US
Has thanked: 374 times
Been thanked: 140 times
United States of America
matthew1

Re: New forum theme is active now

Post by matthew1 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:44 pm

Wait... Before you do the hard refresh trick, check to see if the author problem looks fixed.

I pushed up a change just now that has the effect of a hard refresh.


Help keep MVS on the web -> click sponsors' links here on MVS when you buy from them.
Also -> Amazon link
. Click that when you go to buy something on Amazon and MVS gets a kickback.

1997 850 T5, MSD ignition coil, Hallman manual boost controller, injectors, R bumper, OMP strut brace [gone]
2004 V70 R [gone]

User avatar
alschnertz
Posts: 570
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:25 am
Year and Model: 1995 854T
Location: Connecticut
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 7 times
United States of America
alschnertz

Re: New forum theme is active now

Post by alschnertz » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:45 pm

Dangit Matt, you responded too quick! I was clearing the cache and cookies while you were responding.
Man, you're on top of things.

All appears good now.
Thanks!


'60 PV544, '68 220, '70 145S, '86 745T, '95 854T, '01 S40
'84 Prelude
'06 MPV
'13 Ford Focus SE

Post Reply