It's time to give our 2006 2.5T xc90 (220,000kms / 134000miles )a birthday...
Here's the list:
- Replace strut upper bearings/mounts
- Replace AC Condenser (got a slow leak)
- PCV service (I seem to have crankcase pressure)
- Engine mounts, Front and right hand engine mounts are faulty, but thinking of doing the whole set
- make the windscreen washer work again
- Last time I did a PCV service on a XC70 I recall access was an issue, since I need to do the condenser and I'm contemplating doing all engine mounts (even though the main lower mounts were done a while ago), and I need to get to the washer bottle somehow, I was thinking maybe it would be worth removing the bumper and front radiator support and condenser/radiator/intercooler. I also thought it might be an opportunity to wash out the intercooler while doing it. 2 questions: 1. Will the improved access for PCV service and Engine mounts be worth the extra work? 2. Is there anything else I should be doing while "in there"?
- The strut upper bearings are flogged out, looks like the rubber that has given way. Should I be tight and only replace the bearing assemblies or should I dig deep and spend the extra on a whole new struts?
- Does anyone know the common failure points on the windscreen washer? Pump motor? Relay? Other?