IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

2006 XC90 2.5T swapped in a used motor which cranked over by hand, put it in car, won't crank over anymore? Help!!

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo XC90s. The XC90 proved to be very popular, and very good for Volvo's sales numbers, since its introduction in model year 2003 (North America).
3kgtaddict213
Year and Model: 2006 XC90
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
3kgtaddict213

2006 XC90 2.5T swapped in a used motor which cranked over by hand, put it in car, won't crank over anymore? Help!!

Post by 3kgtaddict213 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:33 pm

I posted a couple months ago about swapping my B5254T2 that I got out of a 2008 s60. My original motor spun a rod bearing after the "no oil pressure: stop immediately" warning.. Got a motor from the junkyard and installed a new water pump, idler pulley, tensioner,
timing belt. Turned the motor by hand like 20 times just to make sure my timing was correct and that it ran smoothly. Timing marks all lined up. Put the transmission back on and put them back into the car. Turned the key and it just clicked, never turned over. My new motor is literally seized. Can't turn it by hand anymore. It'll move counter clockwise but gets stuck at the same spot going clockwise. Pulled the motor back out, removed the transmission (as that was the only thing I could imagine would've changed anything) motor is still seized. I'm beyond lost. This is absolutely insane. What could be going on?! I turned it by hand SOOO many times after the timing belt installation and now it won't go anymore. It never even combusted once when i turned the key so I couldn't have bent any valves.. What the heck happened?!?

ndphotonl
Year and Model: S80 2.4T Wasa
Netherlands
ndphotonl

Re: 2006 XC90 2.5T swapped in a used motor which cranked over by hand, put it in car, won't crank over anymore? Help!!

Post by ndphotonl » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:03 pm

Remove the starter motor and try again to be sure?

Volvo S80 2.4T Wasa Limited Edition
Blog / FlickR / YouTube channel

matthew1
Site Admin
Year and Model: 850 T5, 1997
United States of America
matthew1

Re: 2006 XC90 2.5T swapped in a used motor which cranked over by hand, put it in car, won't crank over anymore? Help!!

Post by matthew1 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:07 pm

Let's keep this to one topic viewtopic.php?f=10&t=89845#p519929

Help keep MVS on the web -> click sponsors' links here on MVS when you buy from them.
Also -> Amazon link
. Click that when you go to buy something on Amazon and MVS gets a kickback.

1997 850 T5, MSD ignition coil, Hallman manual boost controller, injectors, R bumper, OMP strut brace [gone]
2004 V70 R [gone]