IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

What did you do to your P2 Volvo today?

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo's stylish, distinctive "P2" platform cars.

2001 - 2007 V70
2004 - 2007 V70 R
2001 - 2007 XC-70
2001 - 2009 S60
2003 - 2007 S60 R

Post Reply
User avatar
MoVolvos
Posts: 2071
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:47 pm
Year and Model: 03S80T6~08C30T5
Location: NC
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 44 times
United States of America
MoVolvos

Re: What did you do to your P2 Volvo today?

Post by MoVolvos » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:48 pm

June wrote: ↑
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:02 pm
MoVolvos wrote: ↑
Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:42 pm
June wrote: ↑
Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:42 pm


Does that C30 have the 3.0T like the similar years S80 T6? The few C30s I looked at back then were T5s. For some reason the C30 reminded me of the Pacer. In a cool way! June
I'm one of those who can't get their left and right to East and West. I remember distinctly looking up what is a P2 and in forgetting again I think I drove the 30 into the wrong forum :oops:!
It doesn't really matter P1, P2, P100, or whatever to me. It's a Volvo and that's what matters most. I'm genuinely asking if a six cylinder was available? If so I want one!!! With a six speed preferred. I know a Polstar was available, but none ever came to my dealer and after hating my 850 I'm gun shy of ordering a sports model without driving it first.i prefer my fillings to stay in my teeth. June
That was a typo sorry :roll: . I think if the T6 were to be in the C30 it would need to be AWD. Dull on center steering but can dart when exercised. My son's best friend has a tuned $ dyno'd Mustang and he can feel the low end torque of the C30 in the passenger seat. My son is a careful driver however.

2008 Volvo C30 T5 Version 1.0
0-60 mph 6.3 Quarter mile 14.8

2008 Volvo C30 T5
0-60 mph 6.2

2002 Volvo S80 T6 Anniversary Edition
0-60 mph 6.2 Quarter mile 14.4

2003 Could be about the same?

https://www.zeroto60times.com/vehicle-m ... mph-times/





Blessings,

BKM

1998 S70 T5 - Donated
2003 S80 T6
2003 GS300
2003 Odyssey
2008 C30 T5
2019 Atlas SE 4 Motion

User avatar
abscate
MVS Moderator
Posts: 19197
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:54 pm
Year and Model: 99T5 ,99S70,2005V70
Location: NYC, ALBANY NY
Has thanked: 230 times
Been thanked: 760 times
Trinidad & Tobago
abscate

Re: What did you do to your P2 Volvo today?

Post by abscate » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:51 am

paceR , just saying.


Empty Nester
A Captain in a Sea of Estrogen
1999-V70-T5M56 2005-V70-M56 1999-S70 VW T4 BMW
Link to Maintenance record thread
Link To Volvo Glossary

User avatar
June
Posts: 1550
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 11:18 am
Year and Model: 2004 S80 T6
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Has thanked: 236 times
Been thanked: 124 times
United States of America
June

Re: What did you do to your P2 Volvo today?

Post by June » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:15 am

abscate wrote: ↑
Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:51 am
paceR , just saying.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Back in 1977 my grandfather retired due to loss of sight (He was a Dr. Who ran the hospital), so he bought a Pacer for visibility. His had a V8, baby blue with a white vinyl top and dark blue vinyl interior. I think it must have been a luxury model as I never have seen another Pacer with the interior like his. At the time I thought it was a neat car. Now that they are long in the past, they still look neat! Waynes World... June


My Volvo cars owned
1989 740 GLT ordered
1994 850 4door standard shift ordered
1996 960 ordered
1998 S90 ordered totalled after 3 weeks
1998 V70 GT dealer stock car
2002 S80 T6 ordered totalled
2004 S80 T6 dealer stock car and current car owned

User avatar
tyguyc
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:16 am
Year and Model: 2004 xc70
Location: SNH
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
tyguyc

Re: What did you do to your P2 Volvo today?

Post by tyguyc » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:35 am

I installed some cheap LED license plate lights. and they needed a bit of clearencing work, but they are eons better than my old burnt out pair.



User avatar
abscate
MVS Moderator
Posts: 19197
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:54 pm
Year and Model: 99T5 ,99S70,2005V70
Location: NYC, ALBANY NY
Has thanked: 230 times
Been thanked: 760 times
Trinidad & Tobago
abscate

Re: What did you do to your P2 Volvo today?

Post by abscate » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:24 pm

June wrote: ↑
Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:15 am
abscate wrote: ↑
Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:51 am
paceR , just saying.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Back in 1977 my grandfather retired due to loss of sight (He was a Dr. Who ran the hospital), so he bought a Pacer for visibility. His had a V8, baby blue with a white vinyl top and dark blue vinyl interior. I think it must have been a luxury model as I never have seen another Pacer with the interior like his. At the time I thought it was a neat car. Now that they are long in the past, they still look neat! Waynes World... June
Think of all the Naugs they killed to make those interiors.

You could get a Pacer with a V8? Amazing.

On edit - I just read the wikipedia entry on the Pacer and have a lot more respect for the car and AMC , as well as an awesome French ad I can't post here due to NSFW.


Empty Nester
A Captain in a Sea of Estrogen
1999-V70-T5M56 2005-V70-M56 1999-S70 VW T4 BMW
Link to Maintenance record thread
Link To Volvo Glossary

User avatar
June
Posts: 1550
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 11:18 am
Year and Model: 2004 S80 T6
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Has thanked: 236 times
Been thanked: 124 times
United States of America
June

Re: What did you do to your P2 Volvo today?

Post by June » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:47 pm

abscate wrote: ↑
Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:24 pm
June wrote: ↑
Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:15 am
abscate wrote: ↑
Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:51 am
paceR , just saying.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Back in 1977 my grandfather retired due to loss of sight (He was a Dr. Who ran the hospital), so he bought a Pacer for visibility. His had a V8, baby blue with a white vinyl top and dark blue vinyl interior. I think it must have been a luxury model as I never have seen another Pacer with the interior like his. At the time I thought it was a neat car. Now that they are long in the past, they still look neat! Waynes World... June
Think of all the Naugs they killed to make those interiors.

You could get a Pacer with a V8? Amazing.

On edit - I just read the wikipedia entry on the Pacer and have a lot more respect for the car and AMC , as well as an awesome French ad I can't post here due to NSFW.
It looked like a Ford 302. It was quite zippy! Excellent ac system! Although I preferred to drive grandma's Buick. He died in 82, but she made it till 87 so I drove her around through high school (usually in dad's 76 Buick). Every now and then I drove her in one of hers. Her Buick was a monster of the 50s and when she died the maid got the Pacer and my cousin the Buick. I got her sewing machine... June


My Volvo cars owned
1989 740 GLT ordered
1994 850 4door standard shift ordered
1996 960 ordered
1998 S90 ordered totalled after 3 weeks
1998 V70 GT dealer stock car
2002 S80 T6 ordered totalled
2004 S80 T6 dealer stock car and current car owned

User avatar
Rattnalle
Posts: 1574
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:10 am
Year and Model: 2004 V70 2.5T
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 117 times
Sweden
Rattnalle

Re: What did you do to your P2 Volvo today?

Post by Rattnalle » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:30 am

Winter tyres on, summer tyres off.

I really need to clean my wheels a bit more often. Guess which one has just been cleaned, although not very thoroughly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.



User avatar
tyguyc
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:16 am
Year and Model: 2004 xc70
Location: SNH
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
tyguyc

Re: What did you do to your P2 Volvo today?

Post by tyguyc » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:13 pm

Finally cleaned off my radio knob with hand sanitizer. So. Much. Better.



User avatar
MoVolvos
Posts: 2071
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:47 pm
Year and Model: 03S80T6~08C30T5
Location: NC
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 44 times
United States of America
MoVolvos

Re: What did you do to your P2 Volvo today?

Post by MoVolvos » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:28 pm

tyguyc wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:13 pm
Finally cleaned off my radio knob with hand sanitizer. So. Much. Better.
Did it have the sticky coating and if so were you able to completely remove it?


Blessings,

BKM

1998 S70 T5 - Donated
2003 S80 T6
2003 GS300
2003 Odyssey
2008 C30 T5
2019 Atlas SE 4 Motion

User avatar
tyguyc
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:16 am
Year and Model: 2004 xc70
Location: SNH
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
tyguyc

Re: What did you do to your P2 Volvo today?

Post by tyguyc » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:04 am

MoVolvos wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:28 pm
tyguyc wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:13 pm
Finally cleaned off my radio knob with hand sanitizer. So. Much. Better.
Did it have the sticky coating and if so were you able to completely remove it?
Indeed. and also Indeed.

I used purell, not that it really matters. and took two paper towels to get everything off my fingers.



Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post