Robert Spinner's wife,Dianne, passed away yesterday. Robert is without a doubt a hero of the Volvo community in North America, having done countless driving tours where he actually stops at different cities to help owners fix their Volvos, for free. Here on MVS he is RSPI.

~ RIP Dianne Spinner ~

Robert is 2000 miles from home and can use assistance in funeral and transport costs back home to Ohio.

Donate to Robert on GoFundMe

Login Register

440 Relay Box - aircon/interior light problem

Discussion and advice for 440, 460, 480 owners.

1986 - 1997 440
1986 - 1997 460
1986 - 1997 480

andyb440
Year and Model: 1995 440 GLT

440 Relay Box - aircon/interior light problem

Post by andyb440 »

Hi folks,
Hoping someone can point me in the right direction with an electrical problem on my 1995 440 GLT.
When I fit the aircon relay it shorts the interior light circuit and blows fuse 22... but the aircon works fine.
I've tried a brand new aircon relay and the same happens.
The aircon relay is adjacent to the interior light delay relay and I'm wondering whether there might be a problem either with the relay base or a connector beneath it. So.... How do I remove the triangular base of the under-bonnet relay box? Does it come up or go down once unclipped and the single screw removed? It looks like it goes down, so how can you then see/get at the connectors and wiring??
The aircon fuse (24) and interior lights fuse (22) are only separated by a blank/unused fuse holder in the fuse box so I guess this would also be good to investigate.
Many thanks... Andy