Robert Spinner's wife,Dianne, passed away yesterday. Robert is without a doubt a hero of the Volvo community in North America, having done countless driving tours where he actually stops at different cities to help owners fix their Volvos, for free. Here on MVS he is RSPI.

~ RIP Dianne Spinner ~

Robert is 2000 miles from home and can use assistance in funeral and transport costs back home to Ohio.

Donate to Robert on GoFundMe

Login Register

2000 S40 Cam Timing

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on S40 and V40. In this forum you'll find S40/V40-specific owners asking and answering questions on maintenance, ownership, repairs, tutorials and almost every do-it-yourself thing you can do to save money owning these Volvos.

1996 - 2004 S40
1996 - 2004 V40

Choguy03
Year and Model: S40, 2000

Re: 2000 S40 Cam Timing

Post by Choguy03 »

I do not know. It wasn't changed since 90k so that got the car with (shame on me). It was in bad shape and was next on my list after I finished the front struts.

Choguy03

Post by Choguy03 »

So it has been about 400 miles, and I am have a leak from what a I believe is the exhaust front cam seal. The question I have is if the seal needs to be pushed all the way in, or does it lay flush with the outside of the engine? Since this car has vvt, it is different the the front intake cam seal which is not leaking. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Choguy03

Post by Choguy03 »

So I am borrowing the cam timing tool and the vvt drift from a local Volvo indie for the weekend, so hopefully I will be able to fix the issue with this leaking front exhaust cam seal. From what he said over the phone, the seal is not far enough in. I will take some pictures and post them this weekend.

mike200209
Year and Model: s40 2002

Post by mike200209 »

Hi Choguy03,

du hast hier ein Foto eingestellt , wo das VVT angezeigt wird mit dem RIEMEN wo unten eine Hand zu sehen ist,

dieses Foto wird zu straftaten MISSBRAUCHT.

Ich lebe hier in Köln Deutschland und bin auf dieses Bild reingefallen und man hat mir vorgegaukelt das hier ersatzteile Verkauft werden von,,ich bin reingefallen und bin somit 200,00euro lossgeworden , war heute bei der Polizei .

Dein Bild wird benutzt um sich bei anderen zu bereichern, wollte dir das nur mitteilen, auch wenn dein Beitrag schon alt ist.

Aber damit Du keinen Ärger bekommst.

bei ebay Kleinanzeigen sendete der MENSCH mir dieses Bild bei der google Suche für Bilder bin ich dann auf dein Bild gestossen.

Nur ein hinweis von mir.

gruss Mike aus Köln