Login Register

2009 Volvo C30 Engine System Service Urgent

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials devoted to the second generation C70, S40 and V50 Volvos -- awkwardly model year 2004 ½ onwards -- plus where to go for advice and discussion on Volvo's sporty C30 Coupe powered by Volvo's ubiquitous inline 5-cylinder power plant.
EnderXP
Year and Model: 2009 C30 T5 R-Design

2009 Volvo C30 Engine System Service Urgent

Post by EnderXP »

I have a 2009 Volvo C30 T5 R-Design (6 speed Manual Orinoco Blue). I just bought this car with 111k miles on it and immediately did an oil change on the car after bringing it home. After the Oil change I noticed some coolant under the car and then soon after the Engine System Service Urgent message was on my dash along with the red triangle. There was no noticeable drivability issues with the car at the time and we found the leak of coolant to be the reservoir which we replaced along with the coolant.

The light stayed on and a few days later in 4th gear the car was stuttering between giving me acceleration and not, even while my right foot was steady on the pedal left foot off the clutch. That only happened for about 5 seconds and then the car went back to driving normal.

Then the check engine light came on and then went back off about a day or so later and has done that a few times since. Fast forward to yesterday when I started it in the morning it now sounds like it’s starving for fuel when I go over 3-3.5k rpm’s. We tried to read the codes I’m not sure what we used, but we got 3 codes back about maybe a fuel pump circuit or something but I neglected to write down the codes unfortunately so I’ll try to get those as soon as I can.

I scavenged a few other forums and found 2 or 3 people that may have had the same issue as me but they always became inactive before finding the issue. I’m wondering if anyone on here might have seen this in the past with their car or if they might know how to help before I take it to be looked at in a couple days.

MoVolvos
Year and Model: 08C30T5_2.0_M66

Post by MoVolvos »

We have not experience this with our 08 C30 T5 2.0 (Early R-Design) M66 but here is what the Volvo mechanic was referring to. Also, if you have an Android purchase this or similar ELM and download the free Car Scanner to pull some codes. Very little Ad and extremely featured packed. Used half a dozen well known free softwares and nothing compares to Car Scanner.

$11.99 Mestart OBD2, OBDII OBD2 Bluetooth Car Diagnostic Scan Tool Auto OBD Scanner for Android Devices

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HXGX8V6/re ... UTF8&psc=1

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... nner&gl=US

Blessings,

BKM

2008 C30 T5 2.0 M66
2003 S80 T6 Transmission DIED
1998 S70 T5 Prior
1989 240 Wagon Prior