Login Register

xiaotec "850 OBD-II" Android app on Google Play for '96-'98 850/S70/etc

How to buy, install and use VIDA, VADIS, DiCE, VMWare and all the questions and answers that come with these tools.
Esperado
Year and Model: 1998 S70 T5 Auto

Re: xiaotec "850 OBD-II" Android app on Google Play for '96-'98 850/S70/etc

Post by Esperado »

My car is a S70 T5 1998 (build in 1997). VIN: YV1LS5306W2479914 / Android 8

I'm not 100% sure, but it seems that, il live and Lambda/graph, the app does not start sending data to the ECU when in horizontal. The start button do not respond in this situation. But it do not responds always when the phone is in vertical as well. I'm obliged to try several times to get-it working, restarting the "live" function.
Too, the App is VERY slow to read and clear DTCs. while TORQUE is quasi instant once connected to Bluetooth.

xanthefin
Year and Model: 1997 850

Post by xanthefin »

Ah no need obligations here. I hear you.

I confirm your bug with wifi if i drop connection it seems stay in wrong states time to time. Trying prevent user sending multiple times commands between runs. Will work those too surely.

The app works totally differently how Torque leaves things out what my app doesn't or does things in background (doing while "connecting") so when you press things there its already connected in Torque (Standard OBDII).
My app doesn't do such things in background as firstly Volvo is not around standard OBDII where you can have instant communication in modules via almost one step command as ELM327 designed to that (just send two commands including reset or read DTC).
Volvos needs first step prep ELM327 in correct settings (and message formats) to connect in ECU's correctly so its hard to compare Torque to how my app works. Plus i designed standard OBDII to include PID scanning and other information which i believe Torque is separate command rather than in fault code scan.

Just to notice here i don't actually say it to be Fault code Scan in my app.. just a 'Scan' as it does as by the name Scan ALL information of Control Units in one go what app can do. I wanted it to be simple all in one go solution... not just DTC or Fault codes. Thats why there is speed differences.

P.S. I noticed actually and i guess i find where your connectivity fails... i noticed i didn't put block to press Graph while running as it then left Motronic example in wrong situation where it may fail connect again in such short notice. Fixing while writing now.

Esperado
Year and Model: 1998 S70 T5 Auto

Post by Esperado »

It was not a reproach. Just a feedback. I have a recurring lambda light problem. So I use Torque, much faster to clear the fault.
You App is just fantastic and I will never been graceful enough.

xanthefin

Post by xanthefin »

No no.. i love feedback and all is welcome as usually people are silent and i am thankful too i just fixed one wifi bug too here due that as started looking around your connectivity earlier mentioned hehe. And i just wanted explain where speed difference occurs or why as it was good question not many asks. Hope just it gives good answer.. if not i might try again better way next time.

:)

xanthefin

Post by xanthefin »

Sorry pump but just as update after long time silence... i did manage say "hello world" to 200? DIM Dashboard over CAN Bus over CEM via OBDII port with ELM327. And It is possible to read fault codes with it. Only need make adapter moving ELM327 CAN Bus to correct pins (not to short circuit) or a switch to it like guys with fords "MS switch".

Quick edit: CAN Bus SRS too now read with ELM327.

Just need translate codes again what they mean (most boring work)..

After i build CEM/SRS/DIM bench over my holidays i noticed my previous attempts was quite off to open CAN Bus over CEM with ELM327 at Gaugetest as it was previosly only direct connections with ELM and DIM so without CEM being at middle tested as i didn't just have one...

xanthefin

Post by xanthefin »

Boring.

1999 CDM uses same address as 2003 V70 CEM. This will be quick addition to read fault codes, VIN code etc via app from 200x? year V70 CEMs and or reset with ELM327. No need any mods to ELM327. Or can use already "CDM" option in Scan to do this but it will show as "CDM" etc in summary.