Login Register

2006 S40 T5 AWD front lower coil spring pad/spacer/isolator?

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials devoted to the second generation C70, S40 and V50 Volvos -- awkwardly model year 2004 ½ onwards -- plus where to go for advice and discussion on Volvo's sporty C30 Coupe powered by Volvo's ubiquitous inline 5-cylinder power plant.
enigmatticus
Year and Model: 2006 S40 T5 AWD

2006 S40 T5 AWD front lower coil spring pad/spacer/isolator?

Post by enigmatticus »

Sorry if this has been covered before, I've been searching through forums for the past few days and can't find an exact answer to this. My 2006 S40 T5 AWD is currently in the shop getting a new struts and shocks. We ordered a kit from FCP Euro that is seemingly comprehensive, but it seems we are missing some key items. It didn't come with front lower coil spring pads/seats or whatever they are called, and my mechanic either mistakenly threw away the old ones or they were never there to begin with? I've called Volvo and they don't have anything listed for the part I'm describing in the parts diagram. FCP Euro and other parts distributors seem to also not carry this part as if it doesn't even exist. Other models have them and it seems like a common practice to have rubber in between the coil spring and the strut. But Volvo seems to think the coil goes right on to the strut. Is this correct? Does anybody have any experience with this job? I can't find very much information on this. Does anybody have a good picture of how the stock front struts are assembled? It might reveal something to me.

Richard99
Year and Model: 2000 V70XC

Post by Richard99 »

Hi,

The spring seat will fit underneath the strut mount.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/volvo- ... m-p1srtkt2
Eric

1998 Volvo V70 - rear-ended and totaled
2000 Volvo V70XC
2007 Volvo V50 T5 AWD M66