IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

What can be done to increase performance of a V-90 2.9 6

How to go faster, stop quicker, and turn harder. Chips, exhaust, larger turbos, bigger/slotted/drilled rotors, high performance brake pads, manual boost controllers, performance shocks/struts/springs, airbox mods and more! Also discussion on HID and Xenon lights, aftermarket foglights and other exterior lighting.
volvslow
Year and Model: 1998 volvo s70 turbo
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
volvslow

Re: What can be done to increase performance of a V-90 2.9 6

Post by volvslow » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:25 pm

960 transmission are pretty much bullet proof. i had a 94 with aftermarket adjustable cam gears and cold air intake. with 190K miles i used to do neutral - drive slams :mrgreen: with it, never had any slips or misses. the trans type is a X700 (x being some letter) (700 denotes maximum power input). i will say the exhaust on 960s are very very restrictive. ive heard people getting close to 20hp just by removing the resonator. i never got a chance too on mine as i lost it in a great flood in august09. bottom line_ want more power? spray it! i spray 100shot on my 2.3lima ranger. i go through a 10 lb bottle every week lol (thats a lot of nitrous :wink:

reverend
Year and Model: 2006 V70 2.5t
Has thanked: 0
United States of America
reverend

Re: What can be done to increase performance of a V-90 2.9 6

Post by reverend » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:39 pm

The intake is good enough, it's the exhaust you want to look at. Either keep the factory manifold and get a 2.5" exhaust behind them or spend on a custom mandrel system from the head on back.

Chips can be had from... Hi-Tuning in Sweden.

That's about it. If you want custom stuff, maybe a 3 psi turbo... 13c or something g on a custom exhaust?