IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

Sunroof Won't Open After Battery Was Disconnected??

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo's stylish, distinctive "P2" platform cars.

2001 - 2007 V70
2004 - 2007 V70 R
2001 - 2007 XC-70
2001 - 2009 S60
2003 - 2007 S60 R

clr
Year and Model: v70 2001
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
clr

Re: Sunroof Won't Open After Battery Was Disconnected??

Post by clr » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:17 pm

I did the suggested fix. Opened windows, locked car. Waited 1 min. Pulled up on lock and opened the door. Locked the doors with the key to turn off the alarm. Sunroof was working again. Thanks so much!!

Mudduck
Year and Model: 2003 XC70
United States of America
Mudduck

Post by Mudduck » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:10 pm

My sunroof has been half open for about two weeks now and I was excited to read the very first part of beetlebobs post.

This happens to me every time I do a battery. SO I will tell you all how to get it to work.
"Nice" I said to myself. Ok what else...

Roll down drivers window and close door
ffs... my driver side window is stuck in the up position. Anyway, I figured to disconnect the battery. I did that and the bloody car told me the alarm system needed servicing. Ah bugger...

So I just tried the lock/unlock 5 times and open the door with the key in. Gave me the alarm service message but it worked like a charm! My sunroof is finally closed!

jayjay
Year and Model: 2009
Canada
jayjay

Post by jayjay » Sun May 17, 2020 9:34 am

hey! thanks for the help here (just a clueless, experienced mecanic and a passing reader)
what worked for my 2009 Volvo S60 was the battery cable procedure posted by VCA, the Beetlebob trick did not work.

regardless, I'm happy I found a quick answer to my problem, so I actually bothered to sign up and post a thank you memo.

Who knows what else it solved on the car that I was not aware of yet!!