IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

850 850R Bumpers / Body Kit UpDate

How to go faster, stop quicker, and turn harder. Chips, exhaust, larger turbos, bigger/slotted/drilled rotors, high performance brake pads, manual boost controllers, performance shocks/struts/springs, airbox mods and more! Also discussion on HID and Xenon lights, aftermarket foglights and other exterior lighting.
UncleBoost
Year and Model: 855 R, 1996
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
UncleBoost

850 850R Bumpers / Body Kit UpDate

Post by UncleBoost » Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:34 pm

Greeting Fellow Volvo Bretheran...
As some of you may know, some time ago I posted a topic on tooling up for 850R Bumpers, Sideskirts, and rear bumpers/ valences. I have been very diligent on getting this project off the ground and the hold was the aquasition of an 850R bumper. Well I finally got my hands on the whole Car.
A 96 855R. I have a friend who is a Master with Fiberglass as his resume is Long and quite impressive. I sparked his intrest by informing him of the very limited options when it comes to custom body kits for Volvos.
But I also have to prove to him that there is a Market for this product.
I know volvo owners probably have the widest variety of Tastes of any automobile enthusiast. From the Young to old and conservative.
We as Volvo owners already know that some Volvos are Wolves in Sheeps clothing when it comes to performance. Now is the time to put a new Face on Volvos starting with the 850 / v70 body style. We want to offer the opportunity to have your stock bumpers replaced with a Fiberglass version of the 850 R bumper which as you know is more sportier, and has 2 fog light cutouts. Once the intrest gains, a fully develope KIT will be brought into Realm consisting of Side Skirts, Rear Bumpers, Eyelids etc....
I have to show that there is a market for these Bumpers since Tooling up takes alot of time, and to do this and only sell a couple of bumpers will not be worth the effort. I am not sure on a price yet but I can assure they will be less than the dealer, and also Erebuni which has an Excellent style in my opinion, but as I mentioned before, we all have varied tastes.
So All of you intrested, Email me at [email protected] with your name and what you want i.e. Bumper, Full Kit, sideskirts etc.
We had talked about a front LIP that you can install on your present bumpers Valence, Chin what have you, to give you the look of an R. This is still in discussion however. A full bumper would be easier to build, but the lip would be less material and less costly to build, and also cheaper for the consumer. So Let me know what you guys want. The more the merrier.
Also, once we tool up we can begin taking orders and I will let you guys know.
This is what needs to happen:
1. I have to know how many people want bumpers etc.
2. I show the guy there IS a market for Volvo 850 R Kittage....
3. He decides on price...
4. I get back to you guys to discuss a FAIR price.....
5. I show you guys a finished product on MY car....
6. Take orders from there..

Spread the word to ALL VOLVO 850 / V70 owners!!!!!!!

Your friendly Neighborhood
-=UncleBoost=-

theador
Year and Model: Volvo 855 T5 1994
theador

Re: 850----->850R Bumpers / Body Kit ***UpDate***

Post by theador » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:48 pm

Did anything happen here? Just joined the volvo bandwagon with an 850 T5 as the R seemed a bit pricey in comparison.

papariccardo
Year and Model: 1996 855R
papariccardo

Re: 850 850R Bumpers / Body Kit UpDate

Post by papariccardo » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:00 am

UncleBoost wrote:Greeting Fellow Volvo Bretheran...

Spread the word to ALL VOLVO 850 / V70 owners!!!!!!!

Your friendly Neighborhood
-=UncleBoost=-
Bugger, missed the post, and been looking for a year for individual mods. I've got a mint twin of yours, a teal loaded OBD2 855R on BBS CH 18"s.

OK, here's my dream body kit. Build a GRP front spoiler (air dam) by molding a vented extended lip over the R, which would then work for all 850s & most V70s. It would fit second skin flush to our lips, adding a little more pout. As an option, offer a flat ground effects splitter/ diffuser, barely visible. I would love to see a sleeve insert that would plug an aggressive bumper cut to feed an oversize FMIC, but I'll sort mine.

The stock rear flush cab spoiler on the R is generally fairly subtle, the P2 R is better, but a good eye for a complimentary curvaceous edge, slightly extended length & some tiny fins at the wind edge would be teh sex.

That done, it almost necessitates lower valances, again with discreet fins at exit & L/R exhaust cutouts. Don't go box camber in rear valance edge or side skirts, no 90s dori, less is absolutely more. However if possible a fine brake cooling vent would be purposefully aggressive, although likely ineffectual. Not in-yer-face like Evo/R34/Forza, but a toned down subtle use of similar proven aero aids. Crouching Volvo Hidden Rice.

I would pay more, much more, for something individual like this. As much as double that of a stock iPD rear spoiler or generic splitter. I reckon the young'ns over at Volvospeed would lap 'em up, and here in NZ I would be the only one like it. The JDM Stagea lads would burst veins.

Take my money.

mikealder
Year and Model: V70 2000
mikealder

Post by mikealder » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:34 am

There is a chap over here in the UK that makes front splitters for the R/ V70, very well made and quite easy to fit, here is a picture of one still in black fitted to my mates AWD V70 which has an R spec front bumper:

I also fitted and colour coded mine to match my V70 with a standard front bumper:

The same chap has also started to make new style rear bumpers that look really smart, great products but postage and avoiding damage sending something like this over to the other side of the planet wouldn't be cheap - Mike

phils94850
Year and Model: 2009 s60 turbo
United States of America
phils94850

Post by phils94850 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:56 am

a friend of mine that lives near me has a 98 s70T5 and he installed a 760 wagon front lip spoiler on his s70 and it looks factory and very good. He said all he had to do was trim the ends and it fit perfectly..
1996 Platinum Edition