IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Ethanol in Fuel = GOOD for Performance?! FF#29

How to go faster, stop quicker, and turn harder. Chips, exhaust, larger turbos, bigger/slotted/drilled rotors, high performance brake pads, manual boost controllers, performance shocks/struts/springs, airbox mods and more! Also discussion on HID and Xenon lights, aftermarket foglights and other exterior lighting.
93Regina
Year and Model: 93:240/940
Has thanked: 0
93Regina

Re: Ethanol in Fuel = GOOD for Performance?! FF#29

Post by 93Regina » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:03 pm

polskamafia mjl wrote:it can't be difficult to for a tuner to do that with the stock ECU, can it?
Just scanning their page, I would suspect a "tuner" who understands what the inputted data-points mean, should not have an issue.

That said, if the sensor fails (off specs), I'd like to know the expected outcome. I'm not familiar with MS, but if knocking is extreme, it would be nice for MS to deal with it effectively.

For people living in colder environments, this may not be advisable to use since atomization suffers; if you google "E85 cold start," this issue is discussed. I know OEMs have researched this topic, and I must assume they have implemented a means to overcome this issue. IIRC, some type of heating device.

polskamafia mjl
Year and Model: 1995 Volvo 854 T-5R
Poland
polskamafia mjl

Post by polskamafia mjl » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:55 pm

All of those things are reasonably easy to account for and any quality tune should incorporate safety features. I sent an email to ARD. We'll see what Lucky says about the stock ECU combined with a flex sensor.

'All my money is gone and I have an old Volvo.' - Bamse's Turbo Underpants

Current: 1995 Volvo 850 T-5R Manual - Bringing it back from the brink of death
Previous: 1996 Volvo 850 GLT - Totaled

93Regina
Year and Model: 93:240/940
93Regina

Post by 93Regina » Sun May 01, 2016 4:54 pm

polskamafia mjl wrote:I sent an email to ARD
Yes?

ktuuri
Year and Model: 98 S70 T5
Been thanked: 0
Canada
ktuuri

Post by ktuuri » Fri May 20, 2016 1:30 am

I try to avoid any gas with any amount of Ethanol, but sometimes it's unavoidable.
I like to use pure gas. Here in Alberta, Co-op gas stations use only pure gas ( NO ETHANOL ) .
Here is a website that will let you know what stations in your area are selling pure gas, good for Canada and the USA.
http://pure-gas.org/