IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Free shipping all USA - Experts in Brakes
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

Software Updates for Bluetooth, USB, Aux-In, A2DP stereo...

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials devoted to the second generation C70, S40 and V50 Volvos -- awkwardly model year 2004 ½ onwards -- plus where to go for advice and discussion on Volvo's sporty C30 Coupe powered by Volvo's ubiquitous inline 5-cylinder power plant.
JakeHawk
Year and Model: 2006 S40 T5 AWD
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
JakeHawk

Software Updates for Bluetooth, USB, Aux-In, A2DP stereo...

Post by JakeHawk » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:15 pm

So I have a 2006 S40 T5 AWD with the basic single CD audio package. I have managed to successfully install the TK30 - updated version of the stock Motorola hands-free bt kit that Volvo used for their factory install setup.

This one does hands-free phone calls, full stereo audio streaming, and has a USB and headphone jack input all integrated into the bt kit setup.

I've looked over all the numerous available software updates for the above accessories, except there are about 30+ different downloads that could potentially be the necessary update needed to properly integrate use of the various inputs.

I've contacted about a dozen dealers and spoke with techs and other various people in service, and no one is exactly sure which updates are needed or even how many. Is there 1 Big one, 4 or 5 - 1 for each type of input, or an update also needed for the HU to make everything available through the interface.

No body has the slightest clue what's what for sure, and you can't just trial and error it to narrow it down, because once you download it there are no refunds.

I've sought out an answer with no luck, and I've blown through every dealership and higher end shops within ~100 miles

I never had a bt setup previously, so no previous software would have ever loaded, and those menu settings always absent. Right now everything looks like it's in working order and pairs with ease, but doesn't work - because I don't have any menu options to switch to any of these new sources. It was installed with an exact harness to integrate without a bunch of splicing in.

Any insight or even better if anyone knows the stock codes of the update or Updates needed to get this late step up and running I would be forever in your debt!!!

Help....

BigPetla
Year and Model: Nothing
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
BigPetla

Re: Software Updates for Bluetooth, USB, Aux-In, A2DP stereo...

Post by BigPetla » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:42 am

JakeHawk wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:15 pm
So I have a 2006 S40 T5 AWD with the basic single CD audio package. I have managed to successfully install the TK30 - updated version of the stock Motorola hands-free bt kit that Volvo used for their factory install setup.

This one does hands-free phone calls, full stereo audio streaming, and has a USB and the headphone jack input all integrated into the bt kit setup.

I've looked over all the numerous available software updates for the above accessories, except there are about 30+ different downloads that could potentially be the necessary update needed to properly integrate use of the various inputs.

I've contacted about a dozen dealers and spoke with techs and other various people in service, and no one is exactly sure which updates are needed or even how many. Is there 1 Big one, 4 or 5 - 1 for each type of input, or an update also needed for the HU to make everything available through the interface.

No body has the slightest clue what's what for sure, and you can't just trial and error it to narrow it down, because once you download it there are no refunds.

I've sought out an answer with no luck, and I've blown through every dealership and higher end shops within ~100 miles

I never had a bt setup previously, so no previous software would have ever loaded, and those menu settings always absent. Right now everything looks like it's in working order and pairs with ease, but doesn't work - because I don't have any menu options to switch to any of these new sources. It was installed with an exact harness to integrate without a bunch of splicing in.

Any insight or even better if anyone knows the stock codes of the update or Updates needed to get this late step up and running I would be forever in your debt!!!

Help....
selecting the best headphone becomes important to have a clarity and safe listening. While looking for the best one, the sound quality is the first thing that comes to our mind.

yagger
Year and Model: S60 2005 2,5T
Belarus
yagger

Re: Software Updates for Bluetooth, USB, Aux-In, A2DP stereo...

Post by yagger » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:59 am

Motorola hands-free bt kit that Volvo used for their factory install setup
can you show this kit? Looks like it is aftermarket solution, I do not sure Volvo use exactly same kit.
Also, If I remember they started to integrate Bluetooth with Streaming from 2011MY, this means if you want to do official solution, you need to replace couple modules from at least 2011MY car (ICM, IAM) and add BPM also. In this case there is possibility to reprogram config for working with Bluetooth.
Of course, I could be wrong, but this is based on my info.
If you use aftermarket solution, I do not thing you need to reprogram something.
Volvo electronics and programming.Yagger&Doublebug - our experience invaluable.
Aftermarket Online Data Transferring Service for Volvo Pass: total