IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

'92 440 Hazard light turn light double trouble

Discussion and advice for 440, 460, 480 owners.

1986 - 1997 440
1986 - 1997 460
1986 - 1997 480

Boudie440
Year and Model: 440 1992
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Boudie440

'92 440 Hazard light turn light double trouble

Post by Boudie440 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:15 am

Hi everybody,

For the first time in 4 years, my hazard light problem has been discovered by inspection authorities in the Netherlands. That’s why I was hoping you could help me solving this strange problem and bring this beautiful red Volvo 440 aka ‘de rode kogel’ back on the road.

The problem: My hazard lights do not work, I doesn’t matter if I push the switch on or off (maybe helpful: it does stay in on or off position). My flashing lights or turn lights do not work either. They only work perfectly if I set on the hazard lights and push the button into the dashboard. At least I think they have been set on because the light bulb, in the hazard light button, illuminates. I think this could be helpful information suggesting the switch isn’t broken, but please correct me if I’m wrong. I did replaced the relay (black box near the fuse box). Maybe I could be the fuse, but I cannot understand why the turning lights do not work when the hazard light switch has been set off.

Looking forward to your replies and advice

Cheers
Boudie