IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

Low-Pressure Turbo (GLT, XC70) Stage 3 Tune! It's FF#43

How to go faster, stop quicker, and turn harder. Chips, exhaust, larger turbos, bigger/slotted/drilled rotors, high performance brake pads, manual boost controllers, performance shocks/struts/springs, airbox mods and more! Also discussion on HID and Xenon lights, aftermarket foglights and other exterior lighting.
matthew1
Site Admin
Year and Model: 850 T5, 1997
United States of America
matthew1

Volvo Repair Database Low-Pressure Turbo (GLT, XC70) Stage 3 Tune! It's FF#43

Post by matthew1 » Thu May 22, 2014 9:49 am

Building on Fast Friday #11 Tune a Low Pressure Turbo? and Fast Friday #13 Tune My Ride: 98 V70 AWD, Lucky goes all-in on a wild low-pressure turbo car -- a 2007 XC70.

Missed the most recent? Quin's Monster S60 AWD (He crashed it not long after the project was complete :cry: , and it was a 100% loss. He and his passengers were ok. Volvo safety meets Volvo tuning?)

Stage 3 Tuning a Low Pressure Turbo

[quote]To start on the project, we headed over to Portland Speed Industries’ Dynojet chassis dynamometer to get some baseline numbers and to verify that all the stage 0 items had been completed. Starting with a solid foundation is key; it is absolutely imperative to go through the vehicle and make sure all wear items are in OEM new condition or better before trying to make additional power. This is so important to the performance of these cars that the Volvo community has coined a term for it: Stage 0. Thanks to diligent maintenance by CKA motorsports the XC arrived prepped and ready for some upgrades![/quote]

RESULTS?
235 WHP!
286 Torque!

Read more...
Stage 3 Tuning a Low Pressure Turbo
Help keep MVS on the web -> click sponsors' links here on MVS when you buy from them.
Also -> Amazon link
. Click that when you go to buy something on Amazon and MVS gets a kickback.

1997 850 T5, MSD ignition coil, Hallman manual boost controller, injectors, R bumper, OMP strut brace [gone]
2004 V70 R [gone]

ThinAir
Year and Model: 2005 V50 T5
Been thanked: 0
ThinAir

Re: Low-Pressure Turbo (GLT, XC70) Stage 3 Tune! It's FF#43

Post by ThinAir » Thu May 22, 2014 9:56 pm

So much good information. I wish I lived in Pacific Northwest (at least so far as my interest in Volvos is concerned), it seems like such a hotspot for Volvos. Denver isn't bad per se, but it would be great to have resources like ARD, Ipd, etc in my backyard.