IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

PCM tuned to the basics

How to go faster, stop quicker, and turn harder. Chips, exhaust, larger turbos, bigger/slotted/drilled rotors, high performance brake pads, manual boost controllers, performance shocks/struts/springs, airbox mods and more! Also discussion on HID and Xenon lights, aftermarket foglights and other exterior lighting.
beigg
Year and Model: 850 97
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Uruguay
beigg

PCM tuned to the basics

Post by beigg » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:17 am

Has any of the aftermarket tuners been able to remove the EVAP, air bag, egr & other components from the calibration for those that use there 850 volvos for track use but are retaining stock engine management system?
Basically anybody not registering there vehicle not requiring an I/E sticker to off-road use the car.
ugh smh 850 Turbo fridge

phils94850
Year and Model: 2009 s60 turbo
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
phils94850

Re: PCM tuned to the basics

Post by phils94850 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:13 am

beigg.. I sell performance chips for our cars and might be able to hook you up. PM me the details on your car such as if its stock or any mods, etc. The air bag isn't controlled by the ECU that's a separate system.
So basically you want to get rid of the egr, evap, and whatever else in the ecu and just have the basic management system still enough to run the car ?
1996 Platinum Edition