IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

2015 V60 Roof Rack Cross Bar Placement

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials for the groundbreaking new Volvo S60 2011+, V60 2015+ XC60 2010-2018.
manning101
Year and Model: 20015 V60
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
manning101

2015 V60 Roof Rack Cross Bar Placement

Post by manning101 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:12 am

Hello. I just bought my 2015 V60 and would like some input on the placement of the roof rack cross bars. I will be carrying a 14.5 ft kayak on my roof rack and would like to have the roof rack cross bars set as far apart as possible to maximize the stability of the kayak at highway speed. My question is how will the placement of the rear cross bar impact the performance of the roof mounted universal antenna? I can actually place the bar so that it is slightly behind the antenna. That is my preferred location as it will also make the loading and unloading of the kayak easier. I would like to place the front cross bar in front of the sunroof. Not sure how that will impact air flow over the sunroof while it is open. Clearly I can place the bars where I think best and then give them a try, but I thought I would ask the question here first.

Vandalfsens
Year and Model: 2015
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
Vandalfsens

Re: 2015 V60 Roof Rack Cross Bar Placement

Post by Vandalfsens » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:06 am

I just put crossbars on my 2015 V 60 for a rooftop carrier.

What I found is that if the front cross bar is too far forward it creates more noise for passengers in the front row.

I ended up placing mine right near the B and C pillars.

However, with a longer kayak you may need to distribute the load a little bit more, putting the rear crossbar a little behind the C pillar?