IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Ahhh!!! I just bought a V40!!!! Ahhhh!!!!

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on S40 and V40. In this forum you'll find S40/V40-specific owners asking and answering questions on maintenance, ownership, repairs, tutorials and almost every do-it-yourself thing you can do to save money owning these Volvos.

1996 - 2004 S40
1996 - 2004 V40

Good Buy or Bad Buy?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:31 pm

Good Buy
100%
Bad Buy
No votes

Total votes: 1

1atlantis
Year and Model:
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
1atlantis

Ahhh!!! I just bought a V40!!!! Ahhhh!!!!

Post by 1atlantis » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:31 pm

I just bought a 1998 Volvo V40 on ebay! I'm going to collect it next week! Someone please tell me what to look for in terms of faults etc!!!

I'm sooo excited! :D

I've always liked the S/V40s, and I've had 3 Ss in the past. This one's supposed to be for keeps for at least 50000 miles, so I think I can finally settle down! I've jumped from car to car to car in the last 2 and a half years - 3 S40s and like 20 Audi 80s and 100s! But I'm done! I just want a car that works, and I cant afford a decent Audi, so this was the obvious choice! When I had my first S, all I had to do was gas and drive! It never even hiccuped!

Anyway, thanks for listening to me rant! :D I'll keep you posted on how my ownership pans out. Please post posts to let me know what to look for! Thank you!!

Please click the pic to see the ebay advert, and vote in the poll above to let me know what you think of the buy....

I love S40s, V40s & Audis

matthew1
Site Admin
Year and Model: 850 T5, 1997
United States of America
matthew1

Post by matthew1 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:00 pm

Looks good from here. My mom had one like that, but a few years newer. Nice car. I love the look/styling. I'm just a bit too tall for them or I'd probably own one.

Help keep MVS on the web -> click sponsors' links here on MVS when you buy from them.
Also -> Amazon link
. Click that when you go to buy something on Amazon and MVS gets a kickback.

1997 850 T5, MSD ignition coil, Hallman manual boost controller, injectors, R bumper, OMP strut brace [gone]
2004 V70 R [gone]