IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Free shipping all USA - Experts in Brakes
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

2004 XC90 RHD model Evaporator sensor replacement

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo XC90s. The XC90 proved to be very popular, and very good for Volvo's sales numbers, since its introduction in model year 2003 (North America).
austseller
Year and Model: s80 2001
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
austseller

2004 XC90 RHD model Evaporator sensor replacement

Post by austseller » Sun May 31, 2015 8:33 am

Hello guys.
I have an issue with my aircon sensor on my XC90 2004 2.5T RHD Australian model
I want to replace evaporator temperature sensor, however I can not find its location.
Here someone says it has the same location under the steering wheel, however there is none...
I have spend 4 hrs online and could not find correct information.
All I could find is these.
Please look at pictures.

Could somebody help me and show and explain where it is,and if it hard to reach how to do so.
Many thanks...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jimmy57
Year and Model: 2004 V70R GT, et al
jimmy57

Re: 2004 XC90 RHD model Evaporator sensor replacement

Post by jimmy57 » Sun May 31, 2015 8:45 am

I have not worked on RHD model but on LHD models it is above and to the right of accel pedal on the side of HVAC case. If they make the case mirror image as all parts views I have seen then it should be above and to the left of driver's foot well on your RHD model.
They do picture it (15) in the parts view but they do not make it clear as to whether it is on the left or right. 14 and 16 are on the left. Maybe it does remain on the left. It would fit there as it was on the right on the LHD 99 s80's built very early. I worked on an S80 with chassis number 647 (or 674) and I saw it on the RH side when I was changing cabin filter. Those early cars had a few things that were revised after a few thousand were made.

austseller
Year and Model: s80 2001
austseller

Post by austseller » Sun May 31, 2015 8:56 am

Yes, i understand it nr 15, however i took off left and right panels off, however can not see anything there, i have a new sensor, and i do understand how it should look like.
Nothing around cabin filter, as i have replaced it and the blower motor as well, but still could not find this bloody sensor.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gstallons
Year and Model: 2004 XC90
United States of America
gstallons

Post by gstallons » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:20 am

What issue are you having ?
is it the passenger or driver temp sensor ?