IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

2005 V50 - Sunroof Leak

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials devoted to the second generation C70, S40 and V50 Volvos -- awkwardly model year 2004 ½ onwards -- plus where to go for advice and discussion on Volvo's sporty C30 Coupe powered by Volvo's ubiquitous inline 5-cylinder power plant.
Reinie
Year and Model: 1999 S70
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Reinie

2005 V50 - Sunroof Leak

Post by Reinie » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:27 pm

Attached are photos of the leak source from the sunroof of my 2005 V50. The leak was caused by sludge located in a pinch valve at the end of the sunroof drain tubing. My guess is that Volvo designed the pinch valve to prevent insects from entering the tubing and car. The pinch valve is located in the engine compartment where the drain tubing exists the a-pillar and firewall (its up high in the corner and not visible). I removed the wipers and plastic shroud to access the pinch valve. Then removed the pinch valve, pulled a pull-wire through, and spliced new tubing further down into the engine compartment. The car was filled with water before I realized the problem. I had to remove the seats and carpet to remove 2" of standing water.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.