IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

MELBUS OR MBUS for SC-816 radio CD Changer port?

How to integrate your phone into your Volvo's audio. Which speakers to buy to replace old ones. Recommended head unit brands and models... This is where we talk watts, ohms, GPS, iPod integration, component installation, tips, tricks and advice for making your Volvo's audio, video, ticket avoiding and mapping gadgets work better than ever... iPod, XM, GPS, DVD, Speakers, Amps, Radar Detectors
figmentj13
Year and Model: 2002 XC70
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
figmentj13

MELBUS OR MBUS for SC-816 radio CD Changer port?

Post by figmentj13 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:10 pm

If this gets answered... I hope to come back with gifts.

I am trying to hack the CD Changer port on the back of a SC-816 radio so that I can add a input with controls to and from a bluetooth connection or direct ipod control. If you have the answer of just buy XYZ that not the goal.

If I can figure out / know the serial protocol, I will report back with an Arduino lib and everything needed to control directly from the stereo.(Hopefully :-D)

RIP: 2000 V70 SE <- Rear end while parked. :-(

jcdillin
Year and Model: 1998 V70 AWD
jcdillin

Re: MELBUS OR MBUS for SC-816 radio CD Changer port?

Post by jcdillin » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:20 am

I know this was a few months back but i've been working on this as well.

The SC-816 uses m-bus but doesn't seem to always want to talk exactly like the actual Alpine m-bus protocol. I've been playing around with this library but it's not reliable at all. My goal was to make a very low cost aux only input adapter for our radios.

https://github.com/Olstyle/MBus

andregtable
Year and Model: 2001 S80
Switzerland
andregtable

Re: MELBUS OR MBUS for SC-816 radio CD Changer port?

Post by andregtable » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:57 pm

Did you ever figure this out? I am currently also trying to do this with my HU-611 by following this http://gizmosnack.blogspot.se/2015/11/a ... radio.html guide. I can only seem to trick it spontaneously and changing the volume is hard when i do.