IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics

Get email notification of topic replies. Log in or register (free). Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

What did you do to your Volvo today?

Help, Advice and DIY Tutorials on Volvo's extremely popular car line -- Volvo's 1990s "bread and butter" cars -- powered by the ubiquitous and durable Volvo inline 5-cylinder engine.

1992 - 1997 850, 850 R, 850 T5-R, 850 T5, 850 GLT
1997 - 2000 S70, S70 AWD
1997 - 2000 V70, V70 AWD
1997 - 2000 V70-XC
1997 - 2004 C70

Post Reply
User avatar
abscate
MVS Moderator
Posts: 22481
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:54 pm
Year and Model: 99T5 ,99S70,2005V70
Location: NYC, ALBANY NY
Has thanked: 376 times
Been thanked: 1172 times

Re: What did you do to your Volvo today? (now Sticky)

Post by abscate »

Beautiful color on the R. Nice to see it out finally!

I had a rough non Volvo day today. Realized my retired neighbor’s morning routine he not happened, went into the house and found her deceased in bed.

Makes a stuck bolt seem trivial.
Empty Nester
A Captain in a Sea of Estrogen
1999-V70-T5M56 2005-V70-M56 1999-S70 VW T4 BMW
Link to Maintenance record thread
Link To Volvo Glossary
User avatar
June
Posts: 1907
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 11:18 am
Year and Model: 2004 S80 T6
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Has thanked: 349 times
Been thanked: 177 times

Re: What did you do to your Volvo today? (now Sticky)

Post by June »

Ordered new tires today. I have been going in circles with Michelin and everyone who sells their tires trying to find one last set of original equipment tires for my car. Michelin really dropped the ball! Lots of S class and 5 and 7 Series owners are screwed as well. The Primacy 4 was unveiled last year to replace our tires, but still are not even available from Michelin? Talk about stupid! Stop making the old, before the new are in place for sale even a year later. I just don't understand the mentality on their part. Hope we buy the awful Pilot Sport series which are crap...

So I settled on Bridgestone POTENZA S001 as nobody else had anything close to the correct Michelin... I hope I am not going to regret it! Lol. Time will tell! June
My Volvo cars owned
1989 740 GLT ordered
1994 850 4door standard shift ordered
1996 960 ordered
1998 S90 ordered totalled after 3 weeks
1998 V70 GT dealer stock car
2002 S80 T6 ordered totalled
2004 S80 T6 dealer stock car and current car owned
User avatar
MoVolvos
Posts: 2561
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:47 pm
Year and Model: 03S80T6~08C30T5
Location: NC
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 82 times

Re: What did you do to your Volvo today? (now Sticky)

Post by MoVolvos »

June wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:16 pm
So I settled on Bridgestone POTENZA S001 as nobody else had anything close to the correct Michelin... I hope I am not going to regret it! Lol. Time will tell! June
Did you purchase those for your S80 and are they the run flats?
Blessings,

BKM

1998 S70 T5 - Donated
2003 S80 T6
2003 GS300
2003 Odyssey
2008 C30 T5
2019 Atlas SE 4 Motion
User avatar
June
Posts: 1907
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 11:18 am
Year and Model: 2004 S80 T6
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Has thanked: 349 times
Been thanked: 177 times

Re: What did you do to your Volvo today? (now Sticky)

Post by June »

MoVolvos wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:22 pm
June wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:16 pm
So I settled on Bridgestone POTENZA S001 as nobody else had anything close to the correct Michelin... I hope I am not going to regret it! Lol. Time will tell! June
Did you purchase those for your S80 and are they the run flats?
Yes my S80 and I don't know if they are run flat. Does that make a difference? I hate that Michelin discontinued the correct tires! With those I know what to expect. 25 to 30K of smooth quiet dependability. The Bridgestone come with a 30 day warranty if dissatisfied they will remove them and put something else on. I really hate that these cars are getting old! June
My Volvo cars owned
1989 740 GLT ordered
1994 850 4door standard shift ordered
1996 960 ordered
1998 S90 ordered totalled after 3 weeks
1998 V70 GT dealer stock car
2002 S80 T6 ordered totalled
2004 S80 T6 dealer stock car and current car owned
User avatar
Eddystone
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:30 pm
Year and Model: 1967 Ford GT40 Mk IV
Location: Philadelphia Metro Area
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: What did you do to your Volvo today? (now Sticky)

Post by Eddystone »

abscate wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:36 pm Beautiful color on the R. Nice to see it out finally!

I had a rough non Volvo day today. Realized my retired neighbor’s morning routine he not happened, went into the house and found her deceased in bed.

Makes a stuck bolt seem trivial.
Real bummer. I recently lost a 90 year old friend of 50 years and have been very busy helping his widow. The last people of that generation in their 90s are fast falling away. It's very sad because so much took place during their lifespan. Sorry you had to experience that.
1998 V70 Non-Turbo/Auto
1993 945 Turbo/Auto
1999 S70 T5 Turbo/Auto
All U.S. market models.
All on the road and running.
PM me if you are near Philadelphia.
;-)
User avatar
Eddystone
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:30 pm
Year and Model: 1967 Ford GT40 Mk IV
Location: Philadelphia Metro Area
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: What did you do to your Volvo today? (now Sticky)

Post by Eddystone »

bmdubya1198 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:06 pm Weird picture... I actually drove the V70R to get parts for another one of my Volvos! It's usually the other way around!

Also got the S60 torn down to do the PCV tomorrow. I replaced the cams seals earlier, the front intake seal was blown out, causing the oil leak.

IMG_8596.jpgIMG_8598.jpg
Nice looking car!!
1998 V70 Non-Turbo/Auto
1993 945 Turbo/Auto
1999 S70 T5 Turbo/Auto
All U.S. market models.
All on the road and running.
PM me if you are near Philadelphia.
;-)
User avatar
MoVolvos
Posts: 2561
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:47 pm
Year and Model: 03S80T6~08C30T5
Location: NC
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 82 times

Re: What did you do to your Volvo today? (now Sticky)

Post by MoVolvos »

June wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:32 pm
MoVolvos wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:22 pm
June wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:16 pm
So I settled on Bridgestone POTENZA S001 as nobody else had anything close to the correct Michelin... I hope I am not going to regret it! Lol. Time will tell! June
Did you purchase those for your S80 and are they the run flats?
Yes my S80 and I don't know if they are run flat. Does that make a difference? I hate that Michelin discontinued the correct tires! With those I know what to expect. 25 to 30K of smooth quiet dependability. The Bridgestone come with a 30 day warranty if dissatisfied they will remove them and put something else on. I really hate that these cars are getting old! June
Costco
Bridgestone - POTENZA S001 RFT
-
(UTQG 280 AA) - 25K Miles Max
-
S001 RFT.png
S001 RFT.png (111.85 KiB) Viewed 62 times
Blessings,

BKM

1998 S70 T5 - Donated
2003 S80 T6
2003 GS300
2003 Odyssey
2008 C30 T5
2019 Atlas SE 4 Motion
User avatar
MoVolvos
Posts: 2561
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:47 pm
Year and Model: 03S80T6~08C30T5
Location: NC
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 82 times

Re: What did you do to your Volvo today? (now Sticky)

Post by MoVolvos »

abscate wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:36 pm
I had a rough non Volvo day today. Realized my retired neighbor’s morning routine he not happened, went into the house and found her deceased in bed.

Makes a stuck bolt seem trivial.
Condolences.
Blessings,

BKM

1998 S70 T5 - Donated
2003 S80 T6
2003 GS300
2003 Odyssey
2008 C30 T5
2019 Atlas SE 4 Motion
User avatar
BlackBart
Posts: 987
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:03 pm
Year and Model: 2004 XC70 BlackBetty
Location: Montana
Has thanked: 76 times
Been thanked: 64 times

Re: What did you do to your Volvo today? (now Sticky)

Post by BlackBart »

abscate wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:36 pm I had a rough non Volvo day today.
oh......

That's a tough deal.
ex-1984 245T wagon
1994 850T wagon
2004 XC70 wagon BlackBetty
Is it time for a 1964 122 wagon?
User avatar
bmdubya1198
Posts: 4320
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:45 am
Year and Model: 2K V70R M56
Location: Charlotte, NC
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 181 times

Re: What did you do to your Volvo today? (now Sticky)

Post by bmdubya1198 »

abscate wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:36 pm Beautiful color on the R. Nice to see it out finally!

I had a rough non Volvo day today. Realized my retired neighbor’s morning routine he not happened, went into the house and found her deceased in bed.

Makes a stuck bolt seem trivial.
Thanks, it’s nice to be driving it!

Wow, so sorry to hear. Rough day indeed.
Eddystone wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:21 pm
bmdubya1198 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:06 pm Weird picture... I actually drove the V70R to get parts for another one of my Volvos! It's usually the other way around!

Also got the S60 torn down to do the PCV tomorrow. I replaced the cams seals earlier, the front intake seal was blown out, causing the oil leak.

IMG_8596.jpgIMG_8598.jpg
Nice looking car!!
Thanks! I really want to find that jewel passenger side turn signal, that’s all it needs to look completely presentable!
'00 V70R Venetian Red/Charcoal M56 Swapped 199k
'03 S60 2.4T Silver/Black 117k
'07 XC90 V8 AWD Sport Titanium Grey/Black 174k
'91 944 Turbo Dark Green/Beige 175k
'92 245 Base White/Beige 249k
'99 BMW 528i
'01 Mountaineer 5.0
Sold-
2000 S70 GLT Mystic Silver/Taupe 253k
1993 944 Base Beige/Beige 221k
1998 V70 GLT Black/Beige 199k
1998 S90- Silver/Gray 207k
1995 850 GLT Tropic Green... crushed
2001 S60 2.4T Black/Black 230k
1988 744 Turbo M46 Beige Metallic/Beige 188k
Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post