IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

VIDA / DICE won't read VIN

How to buy, install and use VIDA, VADIS, DiCE, VMWare and all the questions and answers that come with these tools.
jirkaxc
Year and Model: my07 xc90
Been thanked: 0
Czech Republic
jirkaxc

Re: VIDA / DICE won't read VIN

Post by jirkaxc » Tue May 05, 2020 1:30 am

I tested other options and it seems that the problem is in Dice...

Vdash was trying to read the car without success; no problem reported...but nothing happened after 10mins of reading
Instead, ELM327 was able to read the VIN and operational values of running engine...from ECM

I wonder whether Dice can be repaired...has anyone wiring diagram of Dice/Teleca green board? I checked my board quicly under microscope but have seen no obvious problem in soldering (some reported unsoldered contacts of the white relay etc). What attracted my attention however are pictures (from aliexpress) of some Dice boards obviously repaired or at least different to my board)...see picture
Attachments
dice.jpg
dice.jpg (269 KiB) Viewed 144 times

energizer91
Year and Model: V70XC 2002
Has thanked: 0
Russia
energizer91

Post by energizer91 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:04 pm

jirkaxc wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 1:30 am

Vdash was trying to read the car without success; no problem reported...but nothing happened after 10mins of reading
Instead, ELM327 was able to read the VIN and operational values of running engine...from ECM

I wonder whether Dice can be repaired...has anyone wiring diagram of Dice/Teleca green board? I checked my board quicly under microscope but have seen no obvious problem in soldering (some reported unsoldered contacts of the white relay etc). What attracted my attention however are pictures (from aliexpress) of some Dice boards obviously repaired or at least different to my board)...see picture
Hi there!

I had fully the same issue you had. Even more, i had two DiCEs, both having the same issue. So I disassembled them both and realised, that one of them had incorrectly soldered white relay (EE2-4N3) and the other one is not, but relay was quite damaged. So muy suggestion will be to order this relay somewhere or just buy it and resoleder on your board even though it looks fine. Or just unsolder it and testaccording to datasheet. Good luck!

06S60
Year and Model: 2006 s60
Has thanked: 0
Belgium
06S60

Post by 06S60 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:23 pm

energizer91 wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:04 pm
jirkaxc wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 1:30 am

Hi there!

I had fully the same issue you had. Even more, i had two DiCEs, both having the same issue. So I disassembled them both and realised, that one of them had incorrectly soldered white relay (EE2-4N3) and the other one is not, but relay was quite damaged. So muy suggestion will be to order this relay somewhere or just buy it and resoleder on your board even though it looks fine. Or just unsolder it and testaccording to datasheet. Good luck!

I'm having exactly the same problem with communicating to my CEM, ECM, BCM,etc... Follow the advice from above I have since opened up my dice and found the low signal relay (ee2-4n3) to be a bit suspect. Testing the resistance through the switches varies a lot. Anyway ordered a few replacement hopefully it will be the fix.