IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

P0128 low temp code for a 2008 S80 3.2

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on the Volvo S80 model. Sometimes called an "executive car", the S80 was and continues to be Volvo's top-of-the-line passenger car.
AlabamaS80
Year and Model: 2008 S80 3.2
Has thanked: 0
United States of America
AlabamaS80

P0128 low temp code for a 2008 S80 3.2

Post by AlabamaS80 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:57 am

First off, this forum has been a wealth of information during my last two years of Volvo ownership. Thank you all very much!

My wife and I picked up a 2008 S80 a few months ago. It threw a check engine light with the P0128 code. The car drives fine, haven't noticed any change in mileage or performance. The light cleared itself a couple times over the last few weeks and would come back after a day or two. The wife was driving it and got the message that the car was hot and she should stop. (I really miss having an actual temperature gauge!!!) We let the car sit for a while and then I started driving it to troubleshoot. It hasn't overheated for the last week, but the check engine light remains on.

After reading through the forums it seems that the thermostat is the culprit. However, I've also read that the temp sensor itself could be the issue. Should I start with the thermostat and go from there?

neworleans
Year and Model: 2007 S60R
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
neworleans

Re: P0128 low temp code for a 2008 S80 3.2

Post by neworleans » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:47 am

Hi AlabamaS80,

Did you resolve your issue? I am having the same issue now with my 06 S80. Hope you find this message, it has been a while.