IPD sale Volvo Parts

SRS Problem with Seat belt buckle

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo's stylish, distinctive "P2" cars.
2001 - 2007 V70
2004 - 2007 V70 R
2001 - 2007 XC-70
2001 - 2009 S60
2003 - 2007 S60 R
Em1l
Year and Model: V70XC 2002 USA
United States of America

SRS Problem with Seat belt buckle

Post by Em1l » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:37 pm

Hello , I`m new member but I been surfing in that forum for more than 1 year. And I actually had a problem with my SRS module. I bought a V70XC 2002 and I really didn`t like it first couple days but now i just fell in love in this car. I really like it and I wanna keep it for my self because is super solid and also AWD . But i have this problem with my seat belt buckle I cant solve to get a inspection sticker. I wills start with little car history : I bought it from a dealerr auto auction i bid by a mistake on my cell phone. The car was on 207k miles and I was really sceptic and was vry dirty the car sits probably 2 years with open sunroof somewhere. So I toll the car home i started and i had check engine ABS SRS light`s on and I just restart every single modul from my scanner . Couple days drove it no problems. I took the seats out so i can was the carpet . After mounting back the seats the car start trowing SRS code.
I hook the scanner and it was the front drivers seat belt buckle signal. So I replace it with other one from the junk yard and still i wasn`t able to shut the SRS light. I though maybe is a loos conection or something and i try to put a zip tie holding it together and didn`t work. I decide to switch to the passenger side belt buckle and i just move it to the driver seat my scanner shows the both buckles are missing signals. After getting another 3 buckles with exactly the same OEM number and no success i start thinking is the problem in my scanner or the SRS unit..
. Thats pretty much my problem . And now I`m not sure what to do . Do i need a different scanner (I`m using Launch) or maybe is a loose conection somewhere else or maybe the SRS .
IS it a any special procedure to restart all the units . I tried more than 5 seat belt buckles and not sure are they working . How much ohms they should be when i hook them to the multimetter. I will post tonight couple photos of the beast :) .

I really like the car and thinking about keeping it but I`m struggling with something so simple :o . I just did past week timing belt job /water pump/pulleys and the engine just prrrrrrrs.
Thank you !

jonesg
Year and Model: 2004 V70
Wales

Re: SRS Problem with Seat belt buckle

Post by jonesg » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:38 pm

To remove seats you must disconnect the battery or it will trigger SRS code, your scanner must be able to reset that code to clear it.
Where in Maine are you located ?
I might be moving there next month, Island Falls.

abscate
MVS Moderator
Year and Model: 1999 V70T5, 2005 V70
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by abscate » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:50 am

Yeah, you need a good scanner or VIDA to reset SRS - or a $100 stop at a dealer.

1 SWMBO for 30 years
2 Volvos
3 VWs
4 Careers
5 cats/dogs/gears
6 Perfect Ladies in waiting
7 Drivers
8 Boats- with a big pointy metal thing on top

1999 V70 T5M 56 2005 V70 NA M56 VWs BMW

doublebug
Year and Model: XC90 2007 D5
Belarus

Post by doublebug » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:49 am

on 2002 MY seat belt buckle is connected to CEM !!!!
So errors should be cleared in both modules CEM & SRS.

If you have questions about Volvo firmware ask me. I may know an answer :)

Em1l
Year and Model: V70XC 2002 USA
United States of America

Post by Em1l » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:52 am

So this is some special kind of error which my Launch can`t clean. When I disconect the some of the SRS components and I have a new errors I always was able to delete them accept only these 2 errors(for missing seat belt buckles) . I don`t wanna spend a 150$( I already spend almost 100 for 4 buckles from the junkyard) for a new ones and have this error again . I just got in the mail new rotors and pads can`t wait to shut off the SRS error and start driving my Turbo wagon around :) .
Any suggestions for a different scanner or should I get VIDA . Honestly I use to work with DISA INPA, NCS and ISTA and the installation part and virtual machines I remember was really pin in the butt. Is it a any possible way i can reset the CEM without scanner ? I`m taking any suggestions .
Thank you very much

Thats the faults after clearing the SRS unit with my Launch

doublebug
Year and Model: XC90 2007 D5
Belarus

Post by doublebug » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:27 pm

As I said you need to clear CEM first then SRS.

If you have questions about Volvo firmware ask me. I may know an answer :)

JRL
Year and Model: Several
United States of America

Post by JRL » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:21 pm

OMG. Don't you read what was written here? Only VIDA can clear this code.
YOU can't clear it, it has to be done at the dealer or from someone who has a VIDA-DICE setup.
You wasted money on all these seatbelt buckles so please STOP, learn about your car, and why you set the code.
Probably nothing is bad, the code just needs to be reset with the CORRECT tool, YOU don't have it right now.

2000 V70R Black, 144,000 miles Wife's R.
2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak 111,000 MILES. Polestar tune, IPD bars, rear spoiler, dark grey Thors, DWS 06, HU850, sub.

Contact info for purchases: [email protected]

Calico
Year and Model: 1999 s80
Canada

Post by Calico » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:21 pm

doublebug wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:27 pm
As I said you need to clear CEM first then SRS.
Thanks; on my 1999 s80, i also needed to clear both CEM and SRS for my seat belt buckle notification to disappear. I also did not have a VIDA/DICE setup; i was able to clear the DTC's with an iCarsoft i906.

i think the yellow triangle had been on for several months now; it is nice to have a quiet dash again, and (0)Messages in the trip computer.