IPD sale Volvo Parts
XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics My Swedish Parts ad - genuine Volvo parts
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Accessing rear hatch actuator

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on the third generation Volvo V70 wagon and XC70 crossover, and second generation S80. Are you an owner? Prospective owner? Get in here and join us! Start a new topic or comment on an existing thread.

2008-2016 V70
2008-2016 XC70
2007-2016 S80

von brutus
Year and Model: 2010 xc70 T6
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Canada
von brutus

Accessing rear hatch actuator

Post by von brutus » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:42 pm

Hi all. I'm a new owner of a 2010 XC70 T6 and this is my first post to this forum. The vehicle has the power operated tailgate lift option (actuated) which works fine....but there's some slop in it. I'm wondering if there is a good resource for how to access this area of the vehicle (upper hinge area). I'm being optimistic and hoping that it's just a loose connection in the linkage that I can remedy if I can get in there. I've looked around a bit but feel uncertain about pulling off interior panels and risking doing damage to those. Thanks in advance.
VB

pierremcalpine
Year and Model: V40 2003, V70 2010
Canada
pierremcalpine

Re: Accessing rear hatch actuator

Post by pierremcalpine » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:31 am

Head to YouTube and look up volvosweden user. He has had a video just posted on how to replace hood struts. That should give you all you need.