IPD sale Volvo Parts
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Looking to move from P2 to P3

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on the current (third) generation Volvo V70 wagon and XC70 crossover, and second generation S80.

This is a forum for owners or prospective owners of the third generation V70, second generation S80, and its siblings built on the EUCD platform.
Brandon_K
Year and Model: 2003 XC70
Has thanked: 0
Sweden
Brandon_K

Looking to move from P2 to P3

Post by Brandon_K » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:31 pm

Hey guys.

I've had a 03 XC70 for a year now, primarily as a winter vehicle and I promptly fell in love with it when I got it.

However, it's a high mileage car, currently just under 166k. It has AWD issues right now that I'm working through, one rear spring is broken, front end has some clunks that I can't find (replaced strut bearings, strut isolators were fine, new ball joints, etc), tailgate has issues latching, etc.

This was only ever supposed to be a utility / winter vehicle, but as I've fallen in love with it, I'm seriously considering a P3.

Things I know;

I want a T6
2012 has the newer dash with the nicer gauge package

I drive at night nearly exclusively and usually 3 hours at a shot. I want the HID headlights. Were they standard in any of the packages or am I best just checking out every T6 that I come across?

Really I'm just looking for some guidance here to learn the in's and out's of the P3. Anything specific I should look for?