IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

Clean this sensor if you have not

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on the Volvo S80 model. Sometimes called an "executive car", the S80 was and continues to be Volvo's top-of-the-line passenger car.
abscate
MVS Moderator
Year and Model: 99T5 ,99S70,2005V70
Trinidad & Tobago
abscate

Re: Clean this sensor if you have not

Post by abscate » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:19 am

Don’t forget to remind us again September, June
Empty Nester
A Captain in a Sea of Estrogen
1999-V70-T5M56 2005-V70-M56 1999-S70 VW T4 BMW
Link to Maintenance record thread
Link To Volvo Glossary

oragex
Year and Model: S60 2003
Canada
oragex

Re: Clean this sensor if you have not

Post by oragex » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:02 am

I'm astonished by the amount of fluffy I see when I check radio units at the junkyard. Pretty sure many owners are not aware of this, and imagine they complain about climate not working properly or worse - check into small garages and had parts replaced/serviced for no reason. Often times I see these completely packet with fluffy stuff. Not sure it's even easy to suck out these when it's so packed - and surely inserting anything through the small grid is a recipe for repairs from broken sensor. The small fan that sucks in all these also gets packed but it's easily cleaned by removing the CCM and should be part of the maintenance as when it gets clogged it stops spinning and doesn't bring air properly onto the sensor. Also good to look with a flash light through the grid make sure the small tunnel behind the sensor is also clean, so the air can freely flow to the small fan