IPD sale Volvo Parts
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Front Control Arm Removal 2000 V40 Topic is solved

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on S40 and V40. In this forum you'll find S40/V40-specific owners asking and answering questions on maintenance, ownership, repairs, tutorials and almost every do-it-yourself thing you can do to save money owning these Volvos.

1996 - 2004 S40
1996 - 2004 V40

broadusc
Year and Model: 2000 V40
United States of America
broadusc

Front Control Arm Removal 2000 V40  Topic is solved

Post by broadusc » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:26 pm

Is there any special trick to getting the ball joint end of the control arm out? There doesn't appear to be a whole lot of room between the nut and the axel. Is it possible to simply back the nut off and then slide the ball joint end of the control arm out? Last night I pulled and replaced the tie rod end and sway bar links, but I'm starting to second guess attempting the control arm replacement. Is there a step by step out there anywhere? The workshop manual has you press out the ball joint and then dropping the control arm, and then just tightening the nut during reinstallation. Am I overthinking this? https://workshop-manuals.com/volvo/v40/ ... age_18888/

broadusc
Year and Model: 2000 V40
United States of America
broadusc

Re: Front Control Arm Removal 2000 V40

Post by broadusc » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:59 pm

UPDATE: I was overthinking this. I just went out and just loosened the nut. I guess I was concerned that I needed a hex to hold the bolt in place, but that's not necessary. I can't seem to delete this post. Sorry everyone.