IPD sale Volvo Parts
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

fuel injectors wont work

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on S40 and V40. In this forum you'll find S40/V40-specific owners asking and answering questions on maintenance, ownership, repairs, tutorials and almost every do-it-yourself thing you can do to save money owning these Volvos.
1996 - 2004 S40
1996 - 2004 V40
Takumivs
Year and Model: 1999
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
South Africa
Takumivs

fuel injectors wont work

Post by Takumivs » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:17 pm

Hi Everyone.

I'm new to the volvo Forum, and currently a proud owner of S40 1.9T4 1999.

I would like to say thank you in advanced for your advice and time given to help me solve the problem I'm currently issued with,
and again thank you to all. :D

I attached pics to this thread, on the faults i'm getting. the engine turns but not power to the injectors.

I read this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=36466&p=171168

which is the problem I'm currently experiencing, done all the check with probe light and multi meter. I manage to source another ecu, unfortunately i could only get a 2.0 ecu only to check if there is a signal issue from the issue, when i test the injectors plugs i have 3.4v when ignition on, once i crank the engine the voltage drops to zero. fitted the test ecu just to see what voltage's I get. ignition on 0 volts cranking the engine is gives 3.4 volts.

Looking forward to working together with you guys thru this problematic issue :) and future on.

Takumivs
Attachments
immo live data.jpg
immo live data answer.jpg
ECU Faults after cleared.jpg

mrbrian200
Year and Model: 2006 S60 2.5T FWD
United States of America
mrbrian200

Re: fuel injectors wont work

Post by mrbrian200 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:07 pm

I'm not as familiar with the '99, but eyeing the diagram the first thing I would do is probe the wire at the ECU to see if it's 12V there. Then probe the +B power supply wires to the ECU, there's likely more than one.

Takumivs
South Africa
Takumivs

Post by Takumivs » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:20 pm

Hi MrBrian200

hope you well gent :D

I attached the diagram...which one would most likely be the main voltage supply.
Attachments
Ecu voltage pin.jpg

mrbrian200
Year and Model: 2006 S60 2.5T FWD
United States of America
mrbrian200

Post by mrbrian200 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:15 pm

You'll want to check all of them.
ECUs have multiple internal circuits that can be electrically isolated from each other, and determining which pin (29, 30, or 66) ends up supplying the injector/fuel pump circuit without knowing the inner workings of the ECU would be merely speculative.
For example, it could be set up through an internal relay function, so one can not necessarily assume the current/circuit in question would come through pin 29. Or it may not go through a relay. Without an internal diagram there is no way to know short of circuit tracing/experimenting.

Takumivs
South Africa
Takumivs

Post by Takumivs » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:55 am

I manage to test and i'm getting voltage thru the plug.

This morning i disconnected all the sensors and individually tested power source, after disconnecting the plugs my injectors has full voltage when ignition on. hence there a sensor that shorting the ground out.

Will give you guys a update on which sensor caused the problem

Takumivs
South Africa
Takumivs

Post by Takumivs » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:00 am

Cable used is the VAG KKL409.1 plug with Vol-fcr Software manage to crack the full version using the demo files.

Gives direct access to immo and ecm

Takumivs
South Africa
Takumivs

Post by Takumivs » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:56 am

Hi guys

manage to start the car after six year's. going thru everything on electronic and manage to get voltage to all sensor.

i had to replace the big ends liners because standing for so many years the bearing were super dry, luckily the crank was in great condition.

re checking timing, from crack tdc mark and the cams aligned. first start was backfiring with no start. swopped the coil wires boom. started second go.

it idle perfectly without the idle actuator connected, with it connected its dies immediately.

now that its idling around about 50 degrees the oil light comes on.

history note: the turbo bombed out with no oil supply on the long road. so the crack had to be cut.

the one on the left is the new one, that replaced the the one on the right.

torque settings1st 25Nm,2nd 90degree. how tight could the big ends cap be torqued?

Much appreciated :D
Attachments
DSC_0738.JPG