IPD sale Volvo Parts

2003 S80 trans output shaft seal, right side, w/o viscous clutch

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on the Volvo S80 model. Sometimes called an "executive car", the S80 was and continues to be Volvo's top-of-the-line passenger car.
CharlesAnthony
Year and Model: 2003 S80
United States of America

2003 S80 trans output shaft seal, right side, w/o viscous clutch

Post by CharlesAnthony » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:31 pm

Hi guys. Longtime reader, first time poster.

I have a 2003 S80 2.9 (L6?) front wheel drive (non-turbo) without viscous clutch. The right side CV axle failed, so I bought a new one to replace it. I sourced an output shaft seal from Advance, but found out during the job that it was way too small (I believe part # was 3543) because it was for a transmission with viscous clutch.

We had to get the car running, so I had to leave the old seal in and, of course, it's leaking a few drops per hour.

Does anyone know the part # or size of the transmission output shaft seal for the right side axle without viscous clutch?
I'm not having much luck with searches and don't want to order random seals (most don't specify whether or not they are for trans without viscous clutch).

Thanks so much for any help!

CharlesAnthony
Year and Model: 2003 S80
United States of America

Re: 2003 S80 trans output shaft seal, right side, w/o viscous clutch

Post by CharlesAnthony » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:03 am

After much searching, I came up with part #9445681, but nothing states whether or not this seal fits the shaft for transmission without viscous clutch.

I'll keep looking, but I may just have to take another chance and order it.

SuperHerman
Year and Model: 2004 & 2016 XC90
United States of America

Re: 2003 S80 trans output shaft seal, right side, w/o viscous clutch

Post by SuperHerman » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:29 pm

Call the dealer or one of the site sponsors and tell them your story. My guess is you have the GM transmission and are received a seal for the Aisin Warner transmission on the 2.5T. I tried to look it up but I also came up with various part numbers.

Return to “Volvo S80 Forum - First Generation 1999-2006”