IPD sale Volvo Parts

Slight vibration at around 1400 RPM V50 T5 AWD

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials devoted to the second generation C70, S40 and V50 Volvos -- awkwardly model year 2004 ½ onwards -- plus where to go for advice and discussion on Volvo's sporty C30 Coupe powered by Volvo's ubiquitous inline 5-cylinder power plant.
Fosgate
Year and Model: 1997 S70 T5
Australia

Slight vibration at around 1400 RPM V50 T5 AWD

Post by Fosgate » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:47 am

Hi guys,
I wonder if anyone had this issue,
The car is 2008 V50 T5 AWD Auto, I bought it not long ago and on the drive home I have noticed a slight vibration in the centre console when you hit around 1400RPM either during acceleration or deceleration (taking the foot of the gas pedal and letting the car to slow down). The vibration is very mild I would say most people who not into cars or look for such vibration would not notice it.

To give you bit of History about the car, looks like it had some work done on the gearbox so I believe the gearbox was removed when the valve body was replaced, it also had the LH drive shaft seal replaced couple of time but I can see it still leaking.
I put the car on hoist and I could see that the bottom gearbox mount was replaced with a new one (I thought that might be the source of the issue) and the mounting points for the propeller shaft connects to the body seem to be all good without any excessive movement in the shaft itself.

So based on my experience I think its either a problem with the transfer carrier (end bearing), incorrectly reinstalled propeller shaft (out of balance), or the LH bearing (where the LH side front shaft goes into) is on its way out which is why its still leaking from the seal there even though it was replaced couple of times.

So I wanted to know if anyone else had this issue before I jump into it and start pulling things apart.

Thanks

Return to “Volvo C30 Forum, C70 Forum 2006+
S40 and V50 Forum 2004 ½ +”