IPD sale Volvo Parts

xc70 drivers door switches wont work

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on the current (third) generation Volvo V70 wagon and XC70 crossover, and second generation S80.

This is a forum for owners or prospective owners of the third generation V70, second generation S80, and its siblings built on the EUCD platform.
blurat
Year and Model: 2008 XC70
United States of America

xc70 drivers door switches wont work

Post by blurat » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:39 am

Hi, I spent hours yesterday searching for diagrams and info on my 2008 xc70 driver side door that has died. The locks and window and mirror along with the driver side rear door wont do anything electrical.
I have taken the panel off and checked for power at the ddm. I wriggled the door jam connection while opperating the switches to no avail. I looked at a disc I have that says 2014 wiring and found the diagram which is greek to me.
4 larger wires going to the ddm. black and red on my meter show 12 volts. I quit looking and figure it must be the ddm. Call the fixit guy and he says 300 to program the module, etc, etc. total 700

Now this morning after I had a good nights sleep, Im thinking maybe not the module. Maybe the main ecm isnt recognizing the ddm for some reason.

That brings me here. Which, what, how is the ddm turned on in the first place and is there a way to check?

Thanks,
Chris

blurat
Year and Model: 2008 XC70
United States of America

Re: xc70 drivers door switches wont work

Post by blurat » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:29 pm

OK, the conversation has evolved. Just took 2 hours to download the fix for VIDA 2014b. IE wouldnt let me do it so I installed Mozilla and away we go.
VIDA says DDM is bad. Last resort I started the car, closed the door partially and pressed the wire loom from dash to door. Everything started working.
NOW...is there a way to get into the loom without bastadrdizing the integrity of the rubber covering?

SuperHerman
Year and Model: 2004 & 2016 XC90
United States of America

Post by SuperHerman » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:50 pm

Sounds like you have a wiring issue. Check your connectors - both male and female side. Your DDM may be fine, but the connector may be bad. I had this problem with my clock spring - steering wheel module. Corrosion on the female side - made the computer not see the module.

You should be able to put a used unit in it - like for like - no need for software as it is already loaded.

SuperHerman
Year and Model: 2004 & 2016 XC90
United States of America

Post by SuperHerman » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:53 pm

I take that back - you should confirm that 2008 plus units allow for like for like swaps of the DDM. The prior generation did, not sure on yours.

Hopefully some one will chime in that has done it.